Hi! I have a Sony Vaio Pro 13 laptop and 5G connection has been working while I have had Win8 on it, but since I have updated to Windows10 (62-bit) it would not connect to the very same 5G network.
I have updated the driver also, but still when I want to connect to the 5G network, it would say Cannot connect to this network. I have set the preferred band to the 5G, also Wireless mode is set to 802.11a/b/g.
Attached also the configuration from CMD.
EDIT: Downgraded to Win8.1, still not connecting. During installation of Windows it asked for password and said it has incorrect password, though with the same password I can connect to it on iPad and iPhone.
Our first recommendation is to contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support Websites in order to obtain the latest drivers. However, if the issue still persists, we recommend to follow the following procedure as a second option:
1. Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25511/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1* - File Name: Wireless_18.21..0_e164.exe.
2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".
3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.
5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver component.
*We understand you downgraded your sistem Back to Windows® 8.1. If you decide to use Windows®10, you can repeat the same procedure above. You can download the drivers for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 to be used on Windows®10 here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 File Version: Wireless_18.21.0_e164.exe