Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz replug to work

Maki31
Beginner

Ok, so my pcie card working great. Signal is great, everything is great. But problem is when i shut down my pc, and next day when i turn on, i cant connect to internet, and it showing like i dont have any device . So i need to replug my pcie wifi card, and when i turn pc on again, everething get back to normal.

Anyone can help me with this?

i tryed to uncheck for pc to shut it down for power reduce, no fix. i tryed to instal drivers. no help.

so please help me

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Maki31,

Would you tell us the model of motherboard you are using, and the version of Windows you are using? That information might be key to helping you.

There was a similar but not exactly the same condition posted on this forum a while back. The user determined that the PC had Windows Fast Startup enabled. By disabling that option the problem was corrected.

I went through these steps to access the Fast Startup option. In the search box enter Power Options. Once that opens click on Additional power settings. From there enter Shutdown in the search. Click on  Change what the power buttons do, and then click Change settings that are currently unavailable. From there you should be able to disable and enable Fast startup.

0 Kudos
Maki31
Beginner

hey, this is what I am using:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI

BaseBoard Product Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)

BaseBoard Version 1.0

i dont know if i have that option turne on, bcs i dont have hybernation enabled at all. but i will check that also...

0 Kudos
Maki31
Beginner

I've tryed it, and nothing changed. Still the same as before

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Maki,

All of this reads like something with BIOS not properly recognizing the board in the PCIe slot. I neglected to have to you run the Intel System Support Utility and post back the results. That would have shown the revision of BIOS you are on. I checked the MSI support page and it appears there were numerous BIOS updates for your motherboard, the latest being in May of 2014. The page I see for MSI support on your motherboard is here: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z77AG43

I would recommend checking to see if your motherboard needs a BIOS update. If that doesn't work I would recommend contacting MSI and asking for technical assistance with this issue. I am certain the problem is not a faulty adapter, but may be a combination of the age of the motherboard and the newness of the adapter.

0 Kudos
Maki31
Beginner

This is what intel support get me:

Availability Running or Full Power
BIOS BIOS Date: 03/07/14 08:04:07 Ver: 04.06.05, ALASKA - 1072009
Caption Motherboard
Chipset Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=7+Series%2fC216
Date 03/07/2014 01:00 AM

Manufacturer MSI
Model Not Available
Part Number Not Available
PNP Device ID ACPI\PNP0C01\1
Power Management Capabilities Not Available
Power Management Supported Not Available
Product Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)
Serial Number To be filled by O.E.M.
Status OK
Version 1.0

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

Maki331,

I suggest reaching out to MSI service and explaining this to them. Since your motherboard is now six (6) years old or more, there is a chance that the network adapter is not compatible. The MSI support people are the ones that are most likely to help on this.

There are cases where some hardware simply will not work properly in a specific motherboard. I had a Powercolor GPU that was not compatible with an EVGA motherboard. I also have an Asus Xonar Essence audio board that is not compatible with an entire series of Asrock AM4 motherboards.

0 Kudos