Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz - yet another TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged) and disconnects

martin_k
New Contributor I

Long story short.

Bought a new notebook with Ax200. Have it connected to the mikrotik router, and I'm experiencing like many others disconnects. Usually when connection is under load. Actuall protocol is Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac).

It happens "sometimes" - once no occurence in 5 days, suddenly twice in two days.

What happens is seriours of events:

1) 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

2) then many of these: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

3) followed by resets: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

The network interface "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Miniport Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz, {1c3006b2-42c5-4706-8f37-0da41b34cccd}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error

WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.

Recovery Type: 4
Error Code: 0x0
Trigger Reason: 7
IP Family: 0

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service
Service File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\piecomponent.inf_amd64_cca7e9f7d000eb41\Intel_PIE_Service.exe
Service Type: user mode service
Service Start Type: demand start
Service Account: LocalSystem

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped unexpectedly.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll

4) and finaly after 20 secs or so on network:

6062 - Lso was triggered 

- SSU report attached

- installation of clean OEM driver - done

- latest version 21.90.3.2

- windows 10 - 2004

Router:

- Mikrotik RouterBOARD 962UiGS-5HacT2Hn / fw: 6.47 / router os  6.47

- 5GHz iface settings

antenna-gain=1 band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-eCee country="united states" disable-running-check=\
yes disabled=no frequency=5200 installation=indoor mode=ap-bridge multicast-helper=full name=wlan3 security-profile=wlan0_wpa2 ssid=\
cxxxxx wireless-protocol=802.11

I would like to point out:

I never experienced such problems with any other older notebook / work notebook or any other device.

Let me know what to do and wha information to give you. so  you will be able to finally  fix your driver.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
124 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your patience on this topic.

As soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
NiveusT
Beginner

Hey @martin_k , have you made any progress on figuring this out? I have the exact same issue as you, with the exact same model and make of laptop.

I've done literally everything you did and that they asked of you, nothing worked for me either. I even posted about it recently.

I'm really sad that this is happening because this laptop is amazing otherwise. I just want to download games lol... Kind of disappointed in Intel for the first time in my life.

0 Kudos
Idonavon
Beginner
Did you try reseting/formating windows? (Deleting all files)
0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Niveus, 

I'm still waiting on the reasons, why the messages are logged as then I may be closer to replicating an issue and fixing that. 

Unfortunately there's quiet from Intel - unless install clean driver, do RMA with your notebook  vendor, do RMA with you router vendor.

It's frustrating and sad.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

So this is mine state so far, month and a week.

Well done intel.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi martin_k, I just received an update on this matter.

I sent you a private message, please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

I didn't get any private messages from you yet. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience, I will send you the private message again, please let us know if this time you received it.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

maybe I'm looking for wrong one .... I don't know but I see this.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi martin_k, Thank you very much for sharing that picture.

Let me apologize once again for any inconvenience, this time, as an exception, I will send you an email with all the information about this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

I've got that email. Installed and I'll let you know. I do expect the issue to happen up to in 14 days.

It would be nice to get the explanation of the messages though.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for letting us know that you received the email.

First, go ahead and test the driver to confirm if it fixes the Wireless issue and when you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

it's installed, I'll let you know. 

Have a nice wekeend!

0 Kudos
NiveusT
Beginner

Ohhh, nice! I hope it works for you too! Hoping for the best here

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Good evening Alberto, 

did some (2) bandwidth tests, and I got the very same problem even with the new driver. Therefore I have to insist on detailed description of the problem, what happens, when your drivers behave like that.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for sharing those results, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Thank you Alberto,

if you'll need anything from me, just let me know please - as I'm really looking forward solving this.

Have a great rest of the day!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case and the error logs, we determined that those errors could be related to the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software that was installed, in this case, by ASUS in your laptop.

Keep in mind that ASUS has the option to do heavy customizations on their product, they can enable/disable features and functions as well as install or uninstall different software and programs and customized their Wireless driver for the optimal functionality of your platform.

The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is not necessary for Windows* 10, it works with Windows* 7 or 8.1 as you can see in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/72252/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software

So, probably ASUS was the one that installed the software in your platform and since the errors are related to that program the best thing to do in order to find out what the error logs messages mean will be to get in contact directly with them to gather the information that you are looking for:

https://www.asus.com/support/

In reference to the Wireless connection problems, since the issue remains after installing the Beta driver and after trying all the troubleshooting steps that we recommend for this scenario, we conclude that the source of the problem could be related to hardware. At this point then, the next thing to do when you get the chance, of course, will be to take the laptop to ASUS directly for a physical inspection of the unit, maybe to re-seat the Intel® Wireless card will be necessary. Also to verify if there are other users reporting this problem to them and if they have a possible solution for this matter, there might be a customized driver provided by them to address this specific issue, and additionally, to check their warranty options.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

thank you for the reply. I can't accept that. I stripped the notebook of asus customization as a very first thing, followed to install clean driver.

I'm still asking for a very simple thing. I need to know, what is happening, when your driver start logging that events and wireless card gets reset mutiple times.

So please, get back to your engineers and bring me please the answers - so I can think of way to troubleshoot it more.

As i"m not the one, you have such lines logged for a year or two already on mlutiple cards, I simply need to know, what's the reason.

Feel free to pass my contact to L2 / L3 engineer.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Btw by checking the internet .... I found:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/my-wlc-1852-circumstance-can-support-iphone-roaming-but-pc/td-p/3815326

for example, then 

https://dot11.exposed/2019/09/30/wi-fi-dos-by-rf-jamming-from-faulty-intel-driver/

which really doesn't look like an Asus problem. 

Please what I want to know,  is the condition(s) which happened, when the line is logged, so I can try to find appropriate solution or workaround.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

We always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

The Intel® Wireless drivers that you found in our web site are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your system, the optimal drivers that are validated for your computer are provided by ASUS, everything on your laptop hardware/software is customized by them.

Based on that, in order to gather the information that you are requesting about the error logs, the next thing to do is to get in contact with ASUS directly for them to provide further details about this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos