Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz - yet another TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged) and disconnects

martin_k
New Contributor I

Long story short.

Bought a new notebook with Ax200. Have it connected to the mikrotik router, and I'm experiencing like many others disconnects. Usually when connection is under load. Actuall protocol is Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac).

It happens "sometimes" - once no occurence in 5 days, suddenly twice in two days.

What happens is seriours of events:

1) 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

2) then many of these: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver.

3) followed by resets: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

The network interface "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

Miniport Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz, {1c3006b2-42c5-4706-8f37-0da41b34cccd}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has detected an internal error

WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.

Recovery Type: 4
Error Code: 0x0
Trigger Reason: 7
IP Family: 0

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Service
Service File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\piecomponent.inf_amd64_cca7e9f7d000eb41\Intel_PIE_Service.exe
Service Type: user mode service
Service Start Type: demand start
Service Account: LocalSystem

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped unexpectedly.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll

4) and finaly after 20 secs or so on network:

6062 - Lso was triggered 

- SSU report attached

- installation of clean OEM driver - done

- latest version 21.90.3.2

- windows 10 - 2004

Router:

- Mikrotik RouterBOARD 962UiGS-5HacT2Hn / fw: 6.47 / router os  6.47

- 5GHz iface settings

antenna-gain=1 band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-eCee country="united states" disable-running-check=\
yes disabled=no frequency=5200 installation=indoor mode=ap-bridge multicast-helper=full name=wlan3 security-profile=wlan0_wpa2 ssid=\
cxxxxx wireless-protocol=802.11

I would like to point out:

I never experienced such problems with any other older notebook / work notebook or any other device.

Let me know what to do and wha information to give you. so  you will be able to finally  fix your driver.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
124 Replies
martin_k
New Contributor I

Alberto,

you should have the files.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for providing the files.

Yes, I already received your email, we will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
John11
Beginner

Hello,

I'm also getting "5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)" errors. It's been there for a while (at least a year) but I only noticed it recently when opening Windows Event Viewer to debug "netwtw04.sys" BSoDs.

I have a MSI GL62M laptop with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 card.

I contacted MSI support but sadly this didn't help much, I installed latest Wifi/Bluetooth drivers as recommended by them but the issue persists.

I even upgraded Windows from 1909 to 2004 but this did not fix anything. 

Reproducing the error is easy and was described in previous replies, you just need to upload data at high speeds (for example using speedtest.net). In my case it only happens during uploads. Downloading does not trigger the error.

The only way to "fix" this problem seems to use 2.4GHz only, or manually limiting the uploading bandwidth.

The error is always present as long as 5GHz is involved (I could reproduce the error using 802.11n and 802.11ac protocol, as well as setting the channel width to 20MHz).

I can also provide wireshark captures when the error is happening.

Thanks a lot, please investigate the problem further as it's very annoying for many of us.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi martin_k, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your patience.

Please fill the information in the following form so we can continue with our research on this matter:

Problem details

Problem description:

Frequency of occurrence (once an hour, day, always):

Computer power source (plugged in or battery):

Steps to reproduce (provide links to forums, online help, screen shots):

Attempted workaround (turn off settings, change power settings, etc.):

Environment (office, school, hospital, factory, home):

Client computer details

Computer manufacturer(s):

Computer model(s):

Windows OS (provide Version number if Win10, and 32- or 64-bit):

WiFi configuration manager (e.g. Intel PROSet, Windows AutoConfig (native), etc.):

WiFi adapter model(s):

WiFi device driver version:

Number of systems affected:

Wireless security method

Encryption Type (Open, RC4, TKIP, AES):

802.1X authentication type (WEP, TKIP, CCMP):

Key Management Type (PEAP, EAP-FAST):

WiFi network environment

Access Point manufacturer, model, & SW version:

Wireless Frequencies in use (2.4 and/or 5 GHz):

802.11n or 802.11ac enabled (None/HT(11n)/VHT(11ac)):

Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz) for 2.4 GHz?

Channel Width (20 MHz vs. 40 MHz vs. 80MHz) for 5 GHz?

SSID stealth mode (hidden or broadcast):

Enterprise Customers:

WLAN Controller manufacturer, model, and SW version:

RADIUS Server Make/Version:

John11, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Alberto,

this is filled in the archive, in various text files. There is one intel_requested.txt which contains the informations or refer to other text file from the archive.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

martin_k, Thank you very much for clarifying those details.

We will now continue with our research on your case and I will let you know as soon as I get any more updates.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Good evening Alberto,

any news from the developers?

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Albert,

do we have any news please?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, We are still working on this matter, I will let you know on this thread as soon as I get any updates.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Thank you Alberto,

have a nice weekend!

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, You are very welcome, I just received another update on this matter.

Could you please confirm if you can test and reproduce the issue connected to a different Access Point, different brand (not the Mikrotik)? We are trying to isolate this issue as we think this problem might be related to the Access Point.

Also, please open a ticket with Mikrotik about this scenario, and please provide the number of it so we can add it to the notes about this topic. Additionally, try to use Windows* 10 troubleshooter to perform a full network reset, this will delete any networks associated.

I sent you an email with private information, please verify your inbox.

Have a nice weekend as well.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

got the new driver, I'll install it later today.

Also if I shall open a ticket with Mikrotik, then you need to send me some explanation to justify it (even via a personal email), and I"ll happilly open it.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, Thank you for letting us know those details.

Perfect, once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

In regard to the question about open a ticket with Mikrotik, the reason for that is that they might have some reports about this scenario and if that is the case they could have a solution for it as well, it is always good to get in contact directly with them to let them know about this topic involving one of their products and check the feedback that they might have about this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Once again, I'm sorry Alberto.

Everyone is having proiblems with intel cards, so unless you won't give me a reasonable explanation inluding for example some specific packets from provided data, that I'm not opening anything with them.

Their accesspoint wasn't and is not causing issues to any other device, just this new card, from out of the box despite  few versions of drivers were installed.

I'll let you know, if I do face issue with new driver or not, but I still do want some info about checking the provisioned data and if any steps were done / issues were found and fixed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi martin_k, No problem at all, thank you very much for your comments.

I will double-check on this topic about opening a case with Mikrotik and yes, please once you get the chance let us know if the issue persists with the new driver or not.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

issue occured even with the newest driver. I also commnunicate with David in emails.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello martin_k, I just received an update on this matter.

I sent you an email with private details, please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Update: Intel requested to be contacted by ASUS over OEM channel,  case with Asus has been opened and info and intel request have been passed to them.

Waiting for an ourcome.

0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
martin_k
New Contributor I

Let me update my status.

Even with another beta drive, the issue still occure. I believe, asus have not contacted intel as requested. At this point, I see it as frankly as a  dead alley.

0 Kudos