Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Adapter will not stay enabled in Windows 11 after updates

jcleath
Beginner

Something caused the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz adapter to quit working and will not stay enabled.  If I try to enable it, is immediately goes to disabled.

I ran the latest windows 11 updates and rebooted the computer today.  Not sure which update may have caused it, but even updating the drivers for the wireless adapter will not fix the issue.

Any idea how to identify what is causing it not to work?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcleath
Beginner

Attached is the SSU file for the laptop.  

FYI, if I attach another USB wireless device it works without issue (Cisco), and the onboard wired network adapter also works.

0 Kudos
jcleath
Beginner

I found that the issue was with my Endpoint Protection software for my organization.  It was configured to disable wireless adapters.  This is why it was automatically disabled once enabled.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello jcleath

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. From the SSU we noticed that you're not using the recommended driver from the manufacturer:

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Before we close this case, since this is related to the AP configuration the best is to keep checking this with the IT department or the person in charge so when changes are made the card can keep functioning without affecting the security or new implementations. This thread will be closed now.

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos