Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 постоянно рандомит mac-адрес после перезапуска

UgoChaka
Beginner

WiFi модуль AX201 постоянно меняет mac адрес, хотя в win10 все рандомайзеры отключены, сторонних нет, система недавно установлена, win 10 pro 64 2004. Ставил разные версии драйверов: последнюю, предпоследнюю, ту что поставила сама винда, и всегда результат один и тот же - перезапуск модуля и новый mac (а с ним и новый IP от роутера). При перезагрузке само собой тоже. Уже не знаю куда копать. Need help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello UgoChaka,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Our support is only provided in English. To better assist you, we used a translation tool.

MAC address randomization is a privacy technique whereby mobile devices rotate through random hardware addresses in order to prevent observers from singling out their traffic or physical location from other nearby devices.

You can disable this from Windows 10*. I found these steps where you can see how to do it. Please keep in mind that the feature is not related to the wireless card, the feature is from the OS* or maybe a software you are using. My best recommendation will be to contact Microsoft* or the Original Equipment Manufacturer of your desktop/Laptop for a workaround on this.

However, we can check your system specifications. If you agree, I will need the following report:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
UgoChaka
Beginner

Marie, In OS, randomization is disabled))) I know. I think the problem is with the drivers. The last two versions I have already tried, where can I find earlier versions?

scan in attachment

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello UgoChaka,

To make the MAC address randomization works your hardware and driver should support it, but the feature is from the Operating System.

I noticed that you are using the driver version 21.110.1.1, its the latest PROSet version available, for testing purposes, we can try a clean installation and use the latest Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters.

Please follow the steps to complete a Clean installation, and let me know the outcome with the driver version 21.90.3.

Please, keep in mind that the randomization process is a feature that your Operating System offers and handle, by instance if you are not able to disable it, the best would be to check this with Microsoft* since they may have a workaround for this behavior.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
UgoChaka
Beginner

I installed the driver this way. And 21.110 and 21.90. Did not help.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello UgoChaka,

Thank you for let us know the outcome.

I would like to check this internally, I'll be posting on the thread as soon as I have more details to provide you.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello UgoChaka,

Thank you for patiently waiting. I reviewed the case internally and unfortunately, the MAC address randomization is not part of the Intel* Support.

We recommend you to check this with Microsoft*.

I will proceed to close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos