Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz #2 Will NOT Start and NO Bluetooth at all on Asus ROG Strix

KeithGP
Beginner

Help,

I have been trying everything short of upgrading to Windows 11 to see of I can get the wireless AX201 adapter and Bluetooth to work.

I have verified that I have the latest Asus UEFI BIOS GC155E to version 215 and that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled in BIOS.

I have reset the network setting several times.

I have downloaded and installed BT-22.80.1-64-Win10-Win11.exe.

I have downloaded and installed WiFi-22.80.1-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers ad nauseum. I have ran Windows update that takes me from Microsoft 21.10.2.2 drivers to Intel  22.10.0.7 drivers with no success

I am confident that this must be a stuck driver or incompatibility with the Intel B560 motherboard that maybe needs to be at 2.80.x.x to work as I have another Asus ROG Dark Hero board that is Windows 11 and shows the 2.80.x.x driver working flawlessly.

I have tried manually updating the driver by pointing the driver to the download drivers extracted directory and I can get 2.80.1 drivers installed with incompatibility warning but the device still will not load. I know that the device is available because I have tried disabling the wireless in the BIOS and devices disappear and when I enable it, Windows tries to start the device yet fails.

What else can I try?

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello KeithGP

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

• What is the specific Asus ROG Strix motherboard model?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
KeithGP
Beginner

• What is the specific Asus ROG Strix motherboard model?

ROG STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI

• When did it start to happen?

I would suspect immediately but I did not try the Wi-Fi until about a month later as I used LAN exclusively.

• Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?

Yes, new, I purchased from retail Best Buy. I tried to contact OEM Asus but they forward me back to Best Buy who simply want to either pay for a service contract or return for replacement under warranty which  I may end up doing.

• What OS version are you using?

I started with Windows 10 Pro and during this process decided to upgrade to Windows 11 64-bit hoping the drivers would upgrade with the BIOS upgrade, but the problem persisted.

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

This is the original adapter with the computer. The only modification done is to remove the OEM CPU fan and replaced with Cooler Master AIO to cool the i7 much better.

• Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?

Never had wireless at all even once.

• Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

Yes, normal work applications like Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites.

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

ATTACHED

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. You followed the correct steps but we also recommend using the drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer, please test them and let us know if the issue persists:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
KeithGP
Beginner

@David_G_Intel wrote:

Thank you for the information provided. You followed the correct steps but we also recommend using the drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer, please test them and let us know if the issue persists:

David,

I have tried this as well. I tried the whole process over again to make sure. The 22.40 drivers will NOT install. It stays at the Intel 22.10.0.7 drivers. Is there an update driver path that I am not following properly?

Keith

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information KeithGP. We are working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@KeithGP based on the information provided, this seems to indicate a faulty wireless card. We recommend checking directly with Asus for a replacement or hardware diagnostics. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos