Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz 22.80.1.1 disconnects

FBG
Beginner

Yet another user with the Intel AX201 disconnecting.  Yes I have updated the driver from 22.70 to the latest 22.80.1.1 and it has not helped the problem.  

9 Replies
ako90
Novice

I have exactly the same problem! I think it is a problem with a Wifi 5 (ac) 5GHz network and connecting the client with ax201.

I still haven't found any solution...

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello FBG

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us 

• Do you experience any Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?
  • What is the model of the router used?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
ako90
Novice

I have also updated the driver version to 22.80.1.1.

And we analyze the problem with the ZyXEL support, they found nothing on Firewall/Router/Accesspoint side.

Because the connection was not disconnected, just only "no internet access". The ip address remains and can't ping as example "google.com" or "8.8.8.8".

Looks like a problem with the inbound traffic on this adapter.

So, more information about our systems:

Client: HP Elitebook 850 G8, Intel AX201 160MHz Adapter

Accesspoint: ZyXEL NWA5123-AC, 6.10 Firmware

Firewall/Router: ZyWALL310, 4.65 Firmware

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@FBG We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

@ako90 you can open a new thread with the information to get support, this thread will now be closed.

Best regards, 

David G. 

0 Kudos
ivysprout
Beginner
i am experiencing an issue with this same adapter. connections will disappear for hours at a time and nothing fixed it except waiting or restarting my computer multiple times. some help would be appreciated, i do not know very much about computers, let alone specs regarding one.
0 Kudos
ivysprout
Beginner
i can see that people are still viewing this thread + my comment. if you are experiencing this same issue, or know how to help, please post a reply. some answers would be greatly appreciated. i do not like how david attempted to close this thread before the issue was solved. presently, the wifi went out on my computer last night. since then i have slept and my wifi is not back due to this adapter. i cannot use my computer. this is after multiple restarts and uninstall / reinstalls of previously stated drivers. it has been around 16 hours and i have not had any wifi availability on my computer. not only that, but my cursor has disappeared, which has also happened previously alongside this problem. in other words, my ability to fix this problem on my own goes down less and less. due to poor customer service on the ends of intel and evoogaming (brand this computer is by) i have had zero success in fixing the problem since getting this computer. i got this computer around early december, so i have not even had it for a month. thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and reply.
0 Kudos
Krolb02
Beginner

I am also experiencing this issue with Intel AX201 160MHz constantly dropping its connection. Then it goes into a meltdown and connects for a second and disconnects and repeats this until I disable auto connect. When I try to manually connect it cant connect to the network and I end up having to uninstall via device manager, reboot, reinstall, reboot.

I'm having to do this on a daily basis sometimes multiple times in the one day. VERY ANNOYING especially when I'm trying to work

saudmir
Novice

Looks like this is a common problem with this card, I also posted a whole thread and did everything that the rep said but finally he suggested to contact the laptop manufacturer, it's like intel don't want to address this issue. 

0 Kudos