Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz Lagging

JipJop
Beginner

Hello,

my internet works nice everytime Im not in any game. But when I start LOL and Im in loading my wifi start lagging, ive got huge ping and the download is from 100mbs to 8mbs and upload is from 20mbs to 0.5mbs. When the loading ends it stops but when I start the stream on discord or twitch it starts lagging same as in the loading... Ive got this problem till i get this laptot new and I dont know how to fix this..

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JipJop

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the laptop)? 
  2. Was it working before? 
  3. What is the name of the test you are using to get the download and upload speeds? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
JipJop
Beginner

It was original in the laptot. The model is : lenovo legion 5 17imh05h.

No it wasnt, Ive got it till I got it new.

I was using the google speedtest or ookla, but Im sure its not problem in this.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JipJop

Thank you for the information provided. 

In this case, perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully. 

Note #2: Since this is a laptop, we recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Graphics Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JipJop.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @JipJop.   

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
JipJop
Beginner

Hello, I tried absolutely everything youve sent to me.. I was also on lenovo page where I was diagnosing my computer, I downloaded every new software, I reset wifi settings and it still doesnt work well.. Ive got the same lags when Im streaming or it just lagging only when Im in game like GTA or loading in LOL..

0 Kudos