Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz low range and speed

tahamed
Beginner

hi , I recently got my new laptop which i was so excited about but my big disappointment is the following:

this laptop has the lowest connectivity range to the router , my other 6 years laptop and my phone had no problem connecting to this same router from my room ( like 10 meters from the router) .

I only get connected to internet with my new pc only when I'm too close to the router ( like in the same room ) otherwise either it's so low ( 1 mbps) or it doesn't connect ( I'm supposed to get around 8 mbps)

The only way I noticed that it seems to be fine is to move the laptop closer to the router, but this didn't happen with the old laptop because it was fine even when I was far away in the room and with the door closed.

my laptop uses Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

I would like to know what the problem is and how I can solve it because i wasted nearly 10 h looking for solutions and didn't find one, thanks everyone

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User
This feels suspiciously like the AX201 has a loose or disconnected antenna lead. Check for this (can happen in transit).
...S
0 Kudos