Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz not connect to wifi 6E 6 GHz

ychan1
Novice

I am using MS window version 11 with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz (driver version: 22.80.1.1). I tried to connect to my wifi 6E (Asus Zenwifi ET8) with no success. Windows unable to see my 6E SSID. I can connect to my 2.4 and 5 GHz channel with no problem. My Samsung phone able to see my 6E SSID and connect to it with no problem. Is it a setting to enable to see 6 GHz channel or need new intel driver?

56 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ychan1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 the original wireless card that came pre-installed on your system? Or did you integrate/replace the wireless card on the computer?

2- Please confirm the country where you are currently located:

3- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

3. The scan file

0 Kudos
Barry-Tech
Beginner

Same for me.  My SID is live on my ASUS GT-AXE11000 router.  My ASUS ROG Strix G533QR_G533QR / 

G533QR-DS76Q shows that I know have an intel wifi 6e adapter.  The laptop originally came with a wifi 6 certifed adapter that I upgraded to 6e.  A month ago, I told it to ignore the wifi 6 adapter because it was way to slow compared to my wifi 5 connection.  So router and laptop are both showing adapters, but laptop does not see a wifi 6 or 6e SID on the router.  Need help please.

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

1. the Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 is the original wireless card that came pre-installed on your system

2. USA

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello ychan1

Thank you for the information. Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello ychan1

We would like to recommend you a Clean Installation of Wireless and Bluetooth Drivers using the latest Intel® Drivers:

Please confirm once the drivers are installed using this method and if the behavior persists or any other (different) behavior.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
N2692
Beginner
Hi Andrew,

I am having the same issue with Windows 10 21H1 version 19043.928 - October release.
The last driver that works on this windows version is release 22.50.1.1
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @N2692

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

As per the official documentation that we have, Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) supports the new 6GHz band for Wi-Fi. Usage of the 6GHz band relies on Operating System (OS) support, which is expected in Microsoft Windows* 11. The feature was also available for developers, enterprise or technical testers who joined the Windows® Insider* Program and use the Windows® Insider Preview Dev Channel – Build 22000.51 or later.

Please refer to this article How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E/ 6GHz Band Using Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) products

Please contact Microsoft* Support for additional details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
N2692
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response. Just wondering why driver version 22.50.1.1 works for Windows 10? If there is a setting I have to change for 22.80.1.1 to allow it to be supported on Windows 10, please let me know.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @N2692

Thank you for your response.

The official information we have is that the 6GHz band for Wi-Fi is expected to be supported on Windows® 11 and for additional details regarding OS support, the recommendation is to contact Microsoft* Support.

Everyone's situation and environment are unique, so it is better for users to create a new thread to isolate their case and system configuration in case they want us to look further into their specific scenario. We noticed that you have already created your own thread regarding the "6GHz band behavior". Considering that you are running Windows* 10 but this thread was originally related to Windows* 11, we kindly recommend that you continue working with Intel® Technical Support through your own thread so we can better assist you. Please kindly share your concerns, questions, feedback, system information, etc in your thread so we can isolate your case: Intel drivers post 22.50.1.1 dont work for 6GHz for AX210 Windows 10

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

tried, no change, MS Window is still not recognized the Wifi6E 6 Ghz SSID, but my samsung can connect to that with no problem

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

I mean "samsung phone" can connect to Wifi6E 6 Ghz SSID with no problem 

0 Kudos
Spacefish
New Contributor I

Try setting the region to "US" in your router.. The router needs to communicate "US" Region in it´s beacon packages, such that the AX210 selects the right regulatory zone which allows 6Ghz / Wifi 6E.. That feature is called "DRS".. If nothing is detected by the card, it will use "worldzone" which has WiFi 6E disabled.
This info can also be grabbed from neighbouring WiFis which you don´t even connect to.. maybe your neighbours are broadcasting another country code?

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

just check, computer and router has same US time zone, still not recognized WIFI6E 6 Ghz ssid

0 Kudos
N2692
Beginner
I am having the same issue with Windows 10 version 19043.928 -21H1 October release. The last driver that works for 6GHz on this windows version is version 20.50.1.1.
0 Kudos
N2692
Beginner
0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

where can I download 20.50.1.1?

0 Kudos
N2692
Beginner
0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

Downloaded the driver, but the run program fail to install the driver due to windows 11

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ychan1

Thank you for your response and feedback. Please allow us to take a look into this behavior and we will be posting back as soon as more information is available.

Note:

We recommend downloading drivers only from the official channels of support. For instance, from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites or from Intel® Download Center.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos