Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz not connect to wifi 6E 6 GHz

ychan1
Novice

I am using MS window version 11 with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz (driver version: 22.80.1.1). I tried to connect to my wifi 6E (Asus Zenwifi ET8) with no success. Windows unable to see my 6E SSID. I can connect to my 2.4 and 5 GHz channel with no problem. My Samsung phone able to see my 6E SSID and connect to it with no problem. Is it a setting to enable to see 6 GHz channel or need new intel driver?

56 Replies
MoeRothman
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Have you found a fix for this issue. I am still unable to see the 6GHZ network from my laptop. I have tried updating/downgrading all drivers from the intel site. Changing every suggested setting and I am still unable to see the network from laptop. I am running windows 11 from Canada with WIFI 6E available on my network. I am able to connect to it using my Samsung Galaxy S23 so I now it is there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
sacshack
Beginner

I have the same issue as well.  AX210 card, does not see the 6 GHz network on Windows 11 unless using driver version 22.50.1.

Interestingly enough if I boot using a ArchLinux ISO, I can see the 6 GHz network there as well.

Feels like a driver issue in Windows.

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

Is it a link from intel download library for version 22.50.1? interest to download a workable version of 22.50.1 to try out wifi6E.  I try download the driver from the above link "Download Intel PROSet/Wireless Driver 22.50.1 for Windows 10 (softpedia.com)" ,  however, when I started the update process, it prompt " unable to install to window 11"!! Any link I can download the driver and give a choice to manually install to window 11?

0 Kudos
AdamB_UpstateNY
Beginner

I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360. Using latest Intel AX210 driver - version 22.80.1.1 and unable to view or connect to 6GHz SSIDs. Not a settings issue on laptop or router, e.g. have confirmed that 'Ultra High Band (6GHz)' in the device's properties > Advanced menu is set to Enabled state.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello all,

We would like to inform you that we are still looking into this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ychan1

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We are still working on this and we would like to gather more information about your environment so we can continue investigating this. We will send you a private email to the email account associated with your community profile in order to request more information about your environment and to gather some Operating System Event logs.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
William104
Beginner

Have found a answer to the 6gz band not showing under wifi drivers 22.70.1 or later but will show under 22.60.1 or earlier running Windows 10 build 21h1, Asus Prime z370-a motherboard, I7 8700k, 32gb of ddr4 3200mhz ram

0 Kudos
Spacefish
New Contributor I

Intel just released a firmware update for the AX200/201/210/211/411 but still no 6GHz support for germany unfortunetly...

see: https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/linux-firmware/+/refs/tags/iwlwifi-fw-2021-11-01

Funny thing in the driver: The "So/Ty/Cc" (S.../Typhon/Cyclon Peak) devices (AX200-AX411)  must had at one time during development three fully functional RF-Chains / Frontends.. At least the driver had until recently 3x3 support for these devices but none of them used it.. They removed that feature some time ago, so i guess they will never release any 3x3 spatial stream solution based on that chipset family.

Let´s hope Luciano Coelho soon is allowed to release an updated regdb in form of an .pnvm file with all of the recent EU 6 GHz regulations included..

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

Just updated the "windows 11 cumulative update patch" this morning, and recheck the wifi setting, now I can find my wifi 6E 6 GHz SSID and able to connect without any problem.

Finally, problem solved

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ychan1

Thank you very much for your response, These are great news!!

By any chance do you handle the specific KB number of the "Windows 11 cumulative update patch" that you installed? Perhaps other users may review if they have it pending and help them if they are experiencing the same issue...

If you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5006746)

0 Kudos
dantesan
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I have a HP Windows 11 laptop that has the Intel WiFi 6 AX 201 and a Linksys Hydra Pro 6E.

The HP laptop cannot even see the 6 GHz band broadcasting.

I have been asking Linksys Customer Service about it for the past 13 days and it seems they do not have a good answer on how to make it work.

Yesterday, I asked again, but I got a reply:

Hi, dantesan. The 6Ghz band only supports the WPA3 encryption type. It means that only the WiFi 6E supported devices can detect and connect to this band. We encourage you to check with the laptop's manufacturer if they have an updated driver that will provide support or fix/enhance issues for Wi-Fi 6E.

I already followed this link and updated my driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

It is still not seen.

I added the 6Ghz band into Manage Known Networks and checked 'Connect to it even if it is not broadcasting'. Then I will be able to see it in the list of WiFis and when I connect to it, I will get:

Can't connect to this network

Thanks.

dantesan

0 Kudos
dantesan
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Please disregard this question.

I did not look at the specs of Intel WiFi 6 AX201 that it can only connect to the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band and unlike the 210 AX or higher can connect to the 6 GHz band.

Thanks.

dantesan

0 Kudos
dantesan
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

Please disregard this question.

I was not able to look at the specs of Intel WiFi 6 AX201 that it can only connect to the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands and unlike the 210 AX or higher can connect to the 6 GHz band.

Thanks.

dantesan

0 Kudos
sacshack
Beginner

I installed KB5006746 on my laptop; still not able to see 6 GHz networks on driver 22.80.1 under Windows 11.

If install driver 22.50.1 I can see the 6 GHz network however there is no WPA-3 functionality.

0 Kudos
ychan1
Novice

with 22.50.1, I can find 6 GHz SSID, but can not connect to it

with 22.80.1.1 and KB5006746 update, I can connect to 6 GHz with no problem. I setup two other computers with same conditions: window 11, KB5006746 and 22.80.1.1, both computers also can find 6 GHz and connect with no problem!! My hardware: computer: Samsung, Wifi: Asus zenwifi

Hopefully, intel or Microsoft can resolve your connection problem

0 Kudos
William104
Beginner

the wpa-3 issue should solved 21h2 update from Microsoft I sure you know you will have to enable the wpa3 on the router as well but as far the version goes I have the same issue I run 22.60.1 to keep my 6ghz band.

0 Kudos
sacshack
Beginner

I completely reformatted one of my laptops (2021 Razer Blade 15) and did a fresh install of Windows 11 on it using a USB flash disk made from the Microsoft media creation tool this weekend.  Did all Windows Updates and installed 22.80.1.1 drivers.  Still can not see my 6 GHz wireless network on this laptop which has AX210 card.

Booting using an Arch Linux USB installation on this laptop allows me to see & connect to 6 GHz wireless network with no difficulty.

Other laptop with AX210 (2021 Razer Blade 14) sees and connects to it just fine under Windows 11 with 22.80.1.1.

There's something screwy with this driver and it's really frustrating.

0 Kudos
beseezy
Beginner

Hello sacshack,

There is a BIOS update available for 2021 Razer Blade 15 (RZ09-0409x) that will resolve this issue of not being able to connect to Wifi 6E 6GHz SSIDs.  It might not be publicly available yet however.  You'll have to reach out to Razer support to obtain it.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ychan1

Thank you for your response and for the details about the KB number. We are glad to know that this helped to solve the problem and you are able to use 6 GHz networks even on two additional computers. We appreciate the time you took to share this information, hopefully, it may help other users experiencing the same issue.

Having said that, and since you have solved the issue, we will proceed to close this thread now from our end.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Notes:

For any other users with Windows 11 that already updated to Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5006746) and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Driver Version 22.80.1 and still experience this issue, we recommend first reviewing this article How to Enable Wi-Fi 6E/ 6GHz Band Using Intel® Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) products. If further assistance is required from Intel, we recommend creating your own thread so we can isolate your case.

For users experiencing issues to enable and use Wi-Fi 6E 6GHz using a different operating system, we also recommend creating their own thread in order to review each scenario since everyone's situation and environment are unique.

You may also contact Intel® Customer Support directly through phone, chat, or wet ticket. Here is the contact us link: Contact Intel.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Spacefish
New Contributor I

At least in germany intel activated the 6GHz Band for the AX210 with this firmware update: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=13fc9c285a399932f5a6205b827cf690b4a3c29b

This is probably the activation for the rest of the EU as well, but i don´t know that.

0 Kudos