Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 can not connect to wifi 6E 6 GHz at WIN10

AlexDu
Beginner

Currently  the AX210 can't scan the SSID of 6G

channel 49 (6195 MHz), width: 80 MHz, center1: 6225 MHz

Wifi Card :The Intel AX210

Driver :Driver Version:"22.70.0.5"

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results:   windown10_ intel AX210.txt

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

AlexDu, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was the SSID of 6G channel 49 working fine before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlexDu
Beginner

Please see the feedback as below:

What is the model of the Router? NETGEAR AXE11000 WiFi Router (RAXE500) Nighthawk

Is this a new computer? Yes

When did you purchase it? 2021/10

Was the SSID of 6G channel 49 working fine before on this same machine? this is the first time to use wifi 6G

When did the issue start? 2021/10

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue? just first try the feature of 6g

The wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer? buy it separately

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment? at work environment

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

AlexDu, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the SSU document, we can confirm that the wireless driver currently installed on your computer is version 22.70.0.5. 

We always recommend to install the wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them to work with your specific platform. 

When you install a wireless card separately, that process is called a "Wireless Integration" and the very first thing to do is to make sure that all the parts are fully compatible. Since this is a "Wireless Integration", there is no driver provided by the manufacturer of the board.

The Intel® wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your specific system. Still, for testing purposes, we can try a clean installation of Intel® wireless driver version 22.90.0.4, for Windows* 10 following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649/intel-wireless-bluetooth-for-windows-10.html?wapkw=ax210

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

We also advise, besides checking the compatibility of the parts to get in contact directly with EVOC support to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your device or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

http://www.evoc.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AlexDu_TW
Beginner

Step 1.has upgraded the Wifi Driver Version:"22.90.0.5"  and windows 10 version :Version:"10.0.19042 Build 19042"

Step2. Still can't scan the SSID of wifi 6g (NETGEAR AXE11000 WiFi Router (RAXE500) Nighthawk

image (2).png

3. the  Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results: 11.23-ssu-windows-10.txt

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

AlexDu_TW, Thank you very much for sharing those updates and the SSU report.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps above. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get more details I will post all of them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AlexDu_TW, I just received an update on this matter.

Please follow the recommendations in the link below and once you get the chance, let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
XenuIsWatching
Beginner

I spend HOURS on the same issue. None of the links or any of the intel support articles worked... I believe this is from a bad driver regression that intel introduced with their later driver revisions. I could not see my 6GHz SSID with the latest 22.90.0.0.

The number of things I tried.

1. Updating Windows 10 to 21H2... which I did
  2. Checking to make sure I am in the USA where 6GHz is allowed by the FCC.. which I am
  3. Verifying that can I get 6GHz SSID working with Linux Kernel 5.11... which I did. (this proves that my hardware is all working okay and is likely a software/firmware issue)
  4. Trying to get windows insider builds... which I can't because it's all windows 11 right now, and my processor is a 6th gen core and only >=7th gen are supported and I don't have TPM 2.0 on my machine.
  5. Yelling at my computer for a while until I started inventing new swear words...

What found was that reverting back to an old driver, 22.45.1.1, manually after uninstalling (and deleting) the old driver from the device manager worked. I really wished the intel support engineers and QA in their department would do more testing before pushing out releases. I tried even releases such as 22.80.0.0 and 22.70.0.0, but both of those did not work.

To remove the existing intel wireless driver. I followed the following steps

1. Open Windows Device Manager
  2. Find `Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz`
  3. Right click it and select `Uninstall Driver`
    1. Check the box that says `Delete the driver software for this device`
  4. Reboot machine
  5. Open Windows Device Manager
  6. Find `Networking Device` under the `Other devices`
    1. If it's not seen, there. You've probably got another older driver that needs to removed. Repeat Steps uninstalling, until it shows up under other devices
  7. Right click it and select `Update Driver`
  8. Select `Browse my computer for drivers`
  9. Download and unzip attached zip file
  10. Select the unzip folder location and just start clicking next all the way through
  11. Watch as you'll now see 6GHz in wifi networks
0 Kudos
AlexDu
Beginner

The intel AX210 can scan the Wifi 6G SSID from NETGEAR AXE11000 WiFi Router (RAXE500) Nighthawk

WIN10 version: 19043.1237 (21H1)

Intel Driver: 22.30.08

and then follow up these command:

Step1.

step1.png

Step2. check Driver key of intel

STEP2.png

Step3  add key and run file

Step3.png

Step4.check Region if no US need set for it

Step4.png

0 Kudos
STNVIDNOYE
New Contributor I

Not readable. too small pics... 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AlexDu, Thank you very much for letting us know those results and the pictures.

We will continue with our research on this matter, once I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

XenuIsWatching, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AlexDu, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case we determine that the best course of action at this point will be to get in contact directly with Microsoft support, as per the instructions in the article provided previously, the band is compatible and supported in Windows* 11.

"Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) supports the new 6GHz band for Wi-Fi. Usage of the 6GHz band relies on Operating System support, which is expected in the next version of Microsoft Windows* (Windows® 11). Please contact Microsoft for additional details":

https://support.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos