Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7812 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz Errors

Blocky_Man
Novice

I've been getting lots of errors and disconnections on my Wi-fi starting 1st August.  So far I've manage to get rid of the errors through various troubleshooting steps that included a reinstall of windows and a factory reset of my router but there at several events being registered every time I boot up my computer or if I disconnect and reconnect to the network.

I've attached the errors relating to one instance but this happens all the time and my event logs are getting spammed.  I see there has been similar reports before but there doesn't seem to be any answers.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

Apologies for the delay response.

Have you tried updating the drivers for your wireless? If yes, please specify where did you download it.

To better understand your system's configuration, we kindly request that you download the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* software.

You can find the download link here:

1. Download and launch SSU.exe.
  2. Check the box for "Everything."
  • When the scanning is complete, click "Next."
  • Click "Save."

Best regards,

Dean R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice

Hi, see attached.

I update the drivers using Intel Driver and Support Assistant and the Wifi Driver seemed to update just yesterday with no change in behaivour.

0 Kudos
Fatej
Beginner

I just came back from a vacation and did some updates (windows first, caused the drivers to break presumable) then I updated the WiFi drivers to the latest intel ones (.70 version) then I tried going to the .40 version provided by my OEM (of course doing full uninstalls inbetween) and the Wifi errors start whenever I launch a game with every version. In every other situation the wifi works perfectly except when launching games.

0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them.

I would suggest trying the drivers optimized for your motherboard. Please see the link for reference:

ROG STRIX B760-F GAMING WIFI | Gaming motherboards|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

I suggest as well doing a clean installation for the OEM driver. Here's the link for reference:

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers (intel.com)

Let us know if you still encounter issues after this.

Hi Fatej,

I suggest that you may create another thread for this issue to avoid confusions.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice
Hi, I already tried that and I get the same result. I've also noticed the same behaviour on my HP Omen laptop so I highly suspect there is a problem with the driver.
0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. Please wait for our higher ups working on this case to be able to provide a resolution to your request and also to your call request.

Please do give us more time to this case, we will get back to you possibly in 3 to 5 business days. Thank you for understanding, have a good day.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice

Yes, no problem.  Let me know if you need any extra info like more logs etc.

0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

• To further troubleshoot the issue, try the following:
    • Make sure you have the recommended settings for the wireless standard:  Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity.
    • Update BIOS to the latest version. To check how to perform the BIOS update, please contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer.
    • Confirm there are no pending Windows updates.
    • Try connecting to another network if available, and test if the issue persists.
    • Try connecting to another Access Point (AP) or router, and test if the issue persists.
    • Make sure the router or Access Point (AP) is well configured. We recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to ensure this.

Additionally, could you let me know the distance between your router/modem and your computer? Is there have been any recent changes before this issue occurred?

For the additional information that may help, please refer to the link:

Intel® Wireless Adapter Keeps Disconnecting from the Network

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice

Hi,

so after further troubleshooting I can confirm the following.

1) Everything is up to date on my computer including Windows, BIOS and Drivers

2) My Router (EE Super Hub Plus) is configured correctly but I can temporally correct the problem if I factory reset the router.  Unfortunately this isn't a permanent fix and the problem will reappear after approximately 10 days.

My theory is that there is something happening on the router that is causing the Wi-Fi adapter on my computer to reset and try to reconnect.  Whether this is a problem with the router of if the Intel Driver is not handling something correctly I don't know and of course when I spoke to EE they are blaming you and you will likely blame them so where do we go from here?

PSd_Engineering
Beginner

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. It started a week ago at home and fixed it by downloading the original driver at the office. This worked until yesterday without an issue. Yesterday I used my laptop at the office without problems, but when I got home the adapter stopped working. Reïnstalling the driver fixes it for 5 - 10 mins. and it disappears again. Same thing when I try the latest driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/intel-wireless-wi-fi-drivers-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html) instead of the original. Today the problem persists at the office. My laptop has no ethernet connection so it's basically useless atm.

0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

This may be a possible access point issue. Do you have other access point to try? This is just to isolate and for further checking.

Hi PSd_Engineering,

This is noted but I suggest creating a new thread for this issue to avoid confusions.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice
Yes, the access point is involved. I have another access point that doesn't cause the same behaviour so there appears to be a specific incompatibility between the EE super hub and the wifi adapter.

EE are sending me a new Super Hub to rule out any hardware faults there but it will take some time for that to arrive amd for me to test stability.
0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

It seems that the problem is on that particular access point that encountered the issue. I highly suggest contacting EE as well.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice

Yes, please read my post or we wont get anywhere.  As I mentioned EE are sending me another Super Hub to discount a hardware problem their end.  With that said if the problem continues and there is an incompatibly between your adapter and the EE hub that doesn't preclude the possibility that the problem is still with the adapter.

As a consumer its a very bad outcome to be stuck between two organisations blaming each other for incompatibility between their equipments.

DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

This is well noted, let us know the outcome if the issue still persists with a new one.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

We are following up to find out if you experience any issues.

We weren't able to get any response from you regarding the needed information.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice

Hi, what response are you waiting for?  As far as I know I have responded to all questions asked but if there is anything else let me know.

0 Kudos
DeancR_Intel

Hi Blocky_Man,

I would like to know about the new one from EE you're referring encountered the same issue.

Best regards,

Dean R.

0 Kudos
Blocky_Man
Novice

Hi, 

so the problem takes about 10 days to manifest and after the last round of troubleshooting my existing router is only at about 8 days since EE performed some sort of reset procedure on it.  That means its probably best to run the existing router for a few more days and if the problem reoccurs I have a replacement that has already arrived so I'll swap to that but it will take around 10 more days to test properly.

0 Kudos
VARADHARAJAN
Valued Contributor I

@Blocky_Man 

I checked the event manager, too using the same wifi device Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz, I found out  ""Netwtw14.sys"" file  is missing.     

Driver installed in this location 

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netwtw6e.inf_amd64_e22d1a2dd0c0990b

or 

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netwtw6e.inf_amd64 _xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  here xxx may be different entries

If  your wifi  device hardware ID is the same as  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7A70&SUBSYS_00948086

I have the latest wifi driver  version  23.70.4.1  

Varadharajan K

0 Kudos