Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz : 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

perryj811
Novice

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my wireless adapter, Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz, where connectivity cuts out randomly. Each time I receive the following errors in order:

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

5005 - Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

5055 - HW error

5005 - Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

10400 - The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.

I have updated drivers and I have turned off the power saving option in the network adapter settings in device manager, the issue still persists.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
perryj811
Novice

When I uninstalled the Intel drivers downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29902/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?v=t

And installed the drivers from here: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCE-AC58BT/HelpDesk_Download/

I only received the following errors:

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

10400 - The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 5 time(s) since it was last initialized.

I'm not sure if the lack of other errors makes a difference or not, as the issue is still persistent.

snowdragma
Beginner

Same issue with Wireless-AC 9462 whenever I plug in power supply. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello perryj811, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Are you using an Intel® AC 9260 wireless adapter or is it an Asus* or PCE-AC58BT? 

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed with your system or, did you install this adapter separately?  

4. You mentioned that the Intel® AC 9462 has the same issue when connecting the power supply. Can you specify if this happens in the same system? Please include more details.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello perryj811,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
perryj811
Novice

Hi,

Sorry I did not. I elected to get a different adapter and it's worked perfectly. But I'll elaborate further for anyone else n case they have the issue.

To answer your question: Are you using an Intel® AC 9260 wireless adapter or is it an Asus* PCE-AC58BT

It is an ASUS PCE-AC58BT but the device manager recognizes it as an Intel AC9260. I have replicateed this issued

Based on the past advice moderators have given to this community and what people elsewhere have said, it looks like my issue stems from the channel width. I have tried every other option presented. Unfortunately the device driver setting only lets me choose between 20mhz and Auto. When I set it to 20mhz it worked fine, except the speed was much lower than normal (to be expected) but there were no errors and the connection was consistent.

Even more unfortunately I have the google nest so I can't change any channel or width settings at all.

The only other option I haven't was something about switching to Switch coding to LDPC based on this link: https://dot11.exposed/2019/09/30/wi-fi-dos-by-rf-jamming-from-faulty-intel-driver/

IDK what that means or how to do it so I didn't do it.

Anyway since I couldn't implement the only remaining options I went with  new adapter.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello perryj811,  

Thank you for the update. 

In this case, we will proceed to close this inquiry from our side, if you have any additional questions; please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos