Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz unable to connect to wireless-ax network on ASUS ax3000 router.

User1591164200408504

As title, when i switch 5GHz network to wirelress-ax mode only, i am unable to connect to the wirelesss network. (I can see the SSID but unable to connect to it). Am i doing anything wrong?

This is with the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) motherboard.

Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello User15911642004085047041,

Thank you for posting in the Intel* Community Forums.

To better assist you, please provide me with the following information:

1. Are you able to connect to a 2.4GHz network using the same router?

2. Are you able to use 5GHz with the 802.11ac or another standard selected on your router for testing purposes?

3. By any chance, are you able to connect your computer to another 5GHz network?

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
User1591164200408504

Hi Maria,

Thanks for getting back to my problem,

To answer your questions, Yes i can connect to all 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks under 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, everything works but when i select to use wireless AX only for 5GHz it does not connect to the network.

I am able to connect any other 5GHz network bandwith i choose other than doing 802.11ax.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Thank you for the information.

By any chance, are you able to connect a different device with an AC card to the router on the AX mode?

Some routers have a "Mixed Mode" for the Wireless Standards, this allows you to use a preferred mode on the router or various modes, so maybe the router is configured to just allow AX cards on the 5GHz Network. Just the router manufacturer, in this case, ASUS*, an confirm of help you to modify the specific settings. Please contact them to check this.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
User1591164200408504

What do you mean by able to connect a different device with an AC card to the router on the AX mode?

If you mean't if i am able to connect to AX mode with another device, then unfortunately no. My main PC is the only one in the house with wireless adapter that is wireless-ax capable.

I am not using any mixed mode during the test, I turned wireless setting to AX only when i couldn't connect, once i change back to mixed mode (b/g/n/ac/ax) then i can connect. However only max 700mbps wireless connection instead of the max we can get with AX mode.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

I checked the case internally, and I want to confirm that Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 adapters do not support Wi-Fi 6. The only adapters that currently support Wi-Fi 6, also known as IEEE 802.11ax, are Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapters.

The card just will work with the Router on mixed-mode since it will be connected to the AC mode.

Our recommendation is to contact the Router Manufacturer and check the settings they recommend for your specific wireless card.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos