Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462 problems

veuhna
Novice

internet driver (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9462) freezing constantly, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, the only thing i havent been able to do is enable memory integrity because BSOD appears (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, cause: hswultpep.sys), are there any solutions to this?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
veuhna
Novice

i have seemed to solve it for now by enabling U-APSD support, i will comment if it begins happening again

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello veuhna,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wireless-AC 9462.

I am glad to know that you were able to find a solution for this issue, please keep me updated on this matter and let me know if the issue returns.

Regards,
Deivid A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice

It still happens, but less frequently. I'm sure I can do the things I need with it, however, and after hours of digging this will do. Thank you!

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice

Hey,

The issue has seemed to reappear after I updated to the latest Windows 11 version (22H2).

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hwllo veuhna, 

I am sorry to know that the issue persists. In order to continue further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer? 

3. What is the brand and model of the laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop computer)?

4. Did the wireless adapter used to work before with Windows 10?

5. Do you see any errors in the device manager (code 10, code 43)?

6. What is the brand and model of your router/model?

7. Can you provide more details about your problem?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?

Original adapter.

2. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

Desktop computer.

3. What is the brand and model of the laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop computer)?

Manufacturer: MSI, Model: B360M Xtreme

4. Did the wireless adapter used to work before with Windows 10?

Yes. Also worked with Windows 11 for a while, only started noticing it for the past few months.

5. Do you see any errors in the device manager (code 10, code 43)?

No.

6. What is the brand and model of your router/model?

Manufacturer: Spectrum, Model: SAX1V1R

7. Can you provide more details about your problem?

After loading up the computer, the connection seems to freeze for 5-7 seconds before returning. It happens very often, and U-APSD support did fix it for a few days but the issue has returned. I've uninstalled, disabled, and changed nearly every setting on the adapter. I read that memory integrity could be a possible fix, but I can't seem to enable it due to an incompatible driver.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello veuhna, 

Thanks for all the information provided. Just as a test, please try the following:

1. Clean install of the Intel wireless drivers:

2. Get in contact with MSI to confirm that the motherboard and BIOS are compatible and support the Intel® Wireless-AC 9462.

3. I could not find much information about the MSI B360M Xtreme, I recommend you check with MSI to confirm if there is needed a BIOS update for your motherboard.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice

I will try a clean installation of the Intel wireless drivers and let you know if that fixes the issue.

From doing a little digging on the internet, I found out that "MSI B360M Xtreme" is actually a slightly altered ASRock B360m Pro4. Thanks CyperPowerPC for lying to me...

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice

A clean installation did not seem to help as the issue has returned.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello veuhna, 

Thanks for the information provided. I would like to investigate further this behavior, please provide a report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU).

• Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  
  • Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice

Here are the results from the scan I just completed.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello veuhna, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
veuhna
Novice
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello veuhna, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on your report and the error that you are getting (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED), this looks related to the Core Isolation Memory Integrity and I recommend you to check this with Microsoft for further support.

You can also check the following article about Core Isolation Memory Integrity: 

Since the clean installation did not help you, I recommend you check this issue with MSI for inspections and compatibility.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
BartG
Beginner

Hello Veuhna, 

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I have the same problem, also an MSI computer.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bart

0 Kudos