Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

TKola3
Beginner

When I boot the PC I noticed that it is not connected to the Internet on the Welcome screen. I log on and notice my apps that want to connect are not seeing the Internet. In Device Manager I see the AC 9560 driver disappear and come back several times. Then after about 1 min it stabilizes and I have a solid connection.

I have tried Network Reset from Windows settings

Intel Driver Scan Tool and updated the drivers

Deleted the hardware from device manager

I tried several methods to clear this issue.

This is on a new build and a fresh install of Windows 10

BIOS is up to date as well as all drivers

Per the Event Viewer:

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x4), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

New Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That second error is an indication of a bug in the ACPI table in the BIOS. Did you replace another wireless adapter with this AC 9560? If so, it is an indication that the AC 9560 is not supported by your current BIOS. You should, if nothing else, check for updated BIOS release(s) and install the latest.

Also, note the following:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
TKola3
Beginner

So I think I found the core of the issue. The AC 9560 has issue connecting to the Cisco Meraki MR33 access point. After much testing and a fresh install of windows I preformed the following:

Updated windows

Installed only the Intel WiFi driver (the one located at my motherboards manufactures website (Gigabyte in this case))

Opened Windows Event Viewer and saw the Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly listed many times and growing.

Changed access points, no errors.

Looked at logs for the MR33 and see pages of:

802.11 disassociation

802.11 association

WPA deauthentication

WPA authentication

ect...over and over.

I am now looking at the MR33 more to see if there is a workaround, but the workaround found when searching this on the Internet is to setup the MR33 as an open network (not going to happen).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Look to see if there is updated firmware available for this AP.

...S

0 Kudos
joondez
Novice

I am having this exact same problem and I do not know how to fix it. Last week I was able to connect to 5GHz wireless networks without a problem. After running Windows Update I was no longer able to connect to a 5GHz wireless network. I have no problem connecting with 2.4GHz networks.

• My laptop is a Samsung Notebook Odyssey NP800G5M-X02US
  • I did a full complete PC factory reset and erased all data but that did not solve the issue
  • I downloaded the Intel Driver and Support assistant and updated my network and Bluetooth drivers. Currently, my Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz network adapter is at driver version 21.90.3.2.
  • I checked the Samsung website and there doesn't seem to be any Samsung-specific driver for my network adapter
  • My Samsung BIOS is up to date at version P05AHL.034.200507.MK with date 2020/05/07
  • Using Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.450
  • Windows Update has been completed and everything is up to date

Sometimes I am able to connect to a 5GHz network if I wait long enough, but it does not function correctly. I can see these in the event log:

• 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)
  • Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.
  • Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.
  • The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 36 time(s) since it was last initialized.
Felipe_M
Novice

I am having the exact same issue on a Samsung NP850XBC-XG1BR.

0 Kudos
Felipe_M
Novice
0 Kudos
Felipe_M
Novice

An update... I have tested the connection using Ubuntu in a flash drive. It works perfectly! So, it seems to be a problem with the Windows driver. I have managed to make it work on WIndows after a fresh install (factory reset) by using the  21.40.2.2 version of the Intel driver without performing any action on Windows update.

joondez
Novice

Thank you so much for that update. What version of windows are you using where 21.40.2.2 driver works?

0 Kudos
Felipe_M
Novice

OS Version:  Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language (64 bits) - Version 1909 (10.0.18363)

joondez
Novice
That worked for me!!! I can’t believe it. Thanks for helping!

So a full reset is not enough, because that keeps the latest Windows Update. I had to do a manufacturer factory reset using the Samsung Reset app. I got reset to v10.0.0.18362 and was immediately able to connect to 5Ghz again.

It is so unfortunate that we cannot update otherwise things break!
0 Kudos