Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz very slow why??

samooo
Beginner

Please I need help when connecting to the 5G network, the speed is very bad for my laptop lenovo legion y 540    

I would like an excellent solution

The network card                Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to find what could be possibly causing this behavior, I would need to gather the following information from you:

• Please provide the model of your router.
  • What is your operating system and its build?
  • What is the driver that is currently installed?
  • Do you experience this slow connection only when connected to 5Ghz band?  Or this also occurs in 2.4Ghz?
  • Have you tried connecting to a different network? If so, do you notice any improvement?

Additionally, I would appreciate if you would could run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
samooo
Beginner

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to find what could be possibly causing this behavior, I would need to gather the following information from you:

• Please provide the model of your router.     
  • What is your operating system and its build?      windows 10  64b
  • What is the driver that is currently installed?     Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
  • Do you experience this slow connection only when connected to 5Ghz band?  Or this also occurs in 2.4Ghz?            only   5Ghz
  • Have you tried connecting to a different network? If so, do you notice any improvement? yes 
  •  i tried connecting to a different network but  no improvement

Additionally, I would appreciate if you would could run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) Download link 

1.       Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

2.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

3.       Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

4.       To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

Thank you for your response.

• Are other devices experiencing this slow connection? Or this only occurs with your laptop?
  • What is the expected speed for your connection? And what is the current speed that you get?
  • Please confirm your router's model.

After checking your report I noticed that you are working with the latest Intel generic drivers. As your computer is a laptop, I would strongly recommend to check with your computer manufacturer in order to download the software that is fully validated to work with your system and ensure top performance and compatibility.

This is because system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers 

to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

You can find the appropriate drivers for your computer here.

Additionally please check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Esteban D.

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Considering the revelations regarding Microsoft's responsibility for wireless connectivity issues (see: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb4577063-update-fixes-internet-connectiv...), I would install the latest updates and then test again.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
samooo
Beginner

Hello samooo,

• Are other devices experiencing this slow connection? Or this only occurs with your laptop?

only occurs with my laptop

• What is the expected speed for your connection?    200MB
  • And what is the current speed that you get?    40MB

• Please confirm your router's model.      DZS-ZIND 2428 B1

After checking your report I noticed that you are working with the latest Intel generic drivers. As your computer is a laptop, I would strongly recommend to check with your computer manufacturer in order to download the software that is fully validated to work with your system and ensure top performance and compatibility.

This is because system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers 

to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

You can find the appropriate drivers for your computer here.

Additionally please check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

Were you able to check the recommended the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Additionally, did you tried the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer? If so, did you notice any improvement?

Please let us know what the outcome is.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
samooo
Beginner

Hello samooo,

Were you able to check the recommended the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

yes Has been verified the recommended the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

Additionally, did you tried the drivers provided by your computer manufacturer?        yes

If so, did you notice any improvement?         There is no improvement

Please let us know what the outcome is.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

• Do you recall if this behavior occurred after the upgrade of Windows*? Or any other update?
  • Do you remember if the device was working fine with Windows* version 1909?

As an additional recommendation, I would check with your router manufacturer to confirm that you are using the appropriate configuration and also the latest firmware update.

Have you tried checking with them?

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
samooo
Beginner

Hello samooo,

• Do you recall if this behavior occurred after the upgrade of Windows*? Or any other update?

Yes, it occurs after Windows update. At first when i format my laptop the speed a full speed, but after few Windows updates i have realized that the speed is not the same. 

• Do you remember if the device was working fine with Windows* version 1909?

I do not recall in which version was the speed at full speed, but my current version is 20H2.

As of the router i believe it's not the issue since it's giving me full speed in other devices except this laptop.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

Thank you for the information provided.

After the troubleshooting steps performed and as the issue was triggered due to the upgrade of the OS, we would strongly recommend checking with your Operating System Support in order to report this behavior.

As previously shared by n_scott_pearson, the new release of Microsoft* definitely has an impact in Wireless connectivity.

As a workaround I would strongly recommend rolling back to the OS build that was working as expected or going back to a restore point? For that, please contact Microsoft for guidance.

We hope that you are able to resolve this behavior after that.

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided in the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello samooo,

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos