Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560 # 2: Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load

DTang10
Beginner

I have recently purchased a Dell G5 5587 and I am currently experiencing issues with the wifi card. When I go into device manager it says that there is an error 10 code. When I look into the event viewer the message in the title pops up.

I have already tried resetting the laptop to the factory state which fixes the problem temporarily and then the same problem reappears. I have also tried doing a network reset but that didn't fix the problem either.

I don't know what is causing the problem since the wifi card works after I factory reset my laptop but the device breaks again a few days after. Please help.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Daniel.tang. Thank you very much for joining the Intel Community.

The error code 10 is can be caused due to corrupted drivers (cf. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310123/error-codes-in-device-manager-in-windows Error codes in Device Manager in Windows). Please try the following:

Third party links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Let us know how it goes.

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

Reinstalling the drivers temporarily fixed the problem for about a day or two and then the error occurred again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

We would like to continue investigating this issue further.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

I have attached the file in this post

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

Thank you for your reply.

Because you recently bought the computer, the error code 10 could be a hardware issue. However, try verifying the following information to continue troubleshooting this issue.

-Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 10 error appeared?

-Are you installing the drivers recommended by the system manufacturer? Please perform a clean install of the wireless driver with the driver customized by the computer manufacturer (Instructions provided above)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/g-series-15-5587-laptop/drivers G5 5587

**Please verify the system model and OS.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
falmo
Beginner

Dear Daniel.Tang

I have encountered the same issue today with my Dell G5 5587, I found no solution for the problem.

If you the problem is resolved, please tell me how.

Best Regards@Daniel.Tang

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

Were you able to follow the steps recommended above?

If you still need any assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

Yes, I have followed the steps above and the issue still persists. The wifi works for a couple of days and then after it breaks and it goes back to the code 10 again.

0 Kudos
prodr6
Novice

open device manager, is there a missing driver or do you have a yellow question mark?

0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

There is a yellow exclamation mark next to the wireless card in the device manager

0 Kudos
prodr6
Novice

have other issue with other driver ? because, in mycase i think that i have a driver called wireless ratio, maybe in your pc is similar, check in the device manager if have other unknow devices

0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

This device as well as the bluetooth card both don't work. I don't know if the issues are related but there are no other unknown devices in the device manager.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

You can also try loading BIOS default settings. Please let us know if it fixes the issue.

If you have any questions about this, please review your system manufacturer's support documentation. The following information may help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

Resetting the BIOS was also a temporary fix. Most of the solutions that you are recommending work initially, and then the Wifi card fails again after a few days and the same solution never works twice. Is there any explanation for why these fixes are temporary and only work once and a solution that will permanently fix the problem? Thank you for your continued support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

We will do further research about this.

We will get back to you in case more information is required.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

To continue troubleshooting this issue, please review the following recommendations:

1. You can try a repair install of Windows.

2. If this does not work, you can also reinstall the operating system.

3. A BIOS update may also resolve this issue.

Version installed: 1.3.0 , 05/24/2018

New version: 1.5.0 ,1.5.0 , 08 Oct 2018

**Note: Even though a BIOS update may resolve this issue, we do not recommend performing a BIOS update without the manufacturer's advice since there is always some risk involved. Please contact your system manufacturer before performing this step.

4. As we pointed out at the beginning, this can also be a hardware problem since the system is new. We recommend you to contact the system manufacturer to replace the unit.

For other users having the same issue, you can also:

Reset the BIOS defaults and then do a hard shutdown or cold reboot.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DTang10
Beginner

Worked temporarily, still an issue of the device malfunctioning a couple days later.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Daniel.tang,

Based on the information provided above, we recommend you to contact the system manufacturer for warranty options since this could be a hardware issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JGail1
Beginner

Having this exact same issue. Have already run the suggested gamut, installed new drivers, and installed support utility. Nothing works. Also running a brand-new Dell G5. Browsing around, I've seen a number of posts regarding this issue.

Yellow exclaimation mark on the device manager, code 10 not working.

0 Kudos
prodr6
Novice

hi, have the same issue in a asus that have this wifi chip, the only solution for me now was rollback the update, and disable windows update, the problem was with the october upgrade, i dont kwon why, but i install a clean iso of windows, the version of october and the wifi still have the problem and install the drivers but say "code 10 device cannot start". but when i installed a older version the , installa the driver and work perfectly, now past 3 days and the wifi dont have problem, so i wait for a new version of the october and gonna test a new version in other disk but this dont gonna happen fast jeje

0 Kudos