Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Software Installer

AxelTan
Beginner

Every time I try to use the Intel Software Installer - In this case for a wifi driver download - it says: "One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup." (Visual attached)

This means I can't download the correct driver, and everything is generally just really slow.

Would appreciate it if someone could help me fix it.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello AxelTan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues installing the drivers. I'll be glad to help you.

Please provide the following information:

• What is the wireless adapter model you have installed in your system?
  • What type of device do you have (desktop, laptop, etc.)?

As well, please update the BIOS to the latest version and also make sure there are no pending Windows updates, if you have not already.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
AxelTan
Beginner

Hi Steve,

Thanks for trying to help

I'm using the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 wireless adapter.  I'm using the TUF Z390 PRO GAMING motheroard though I'm not even sure if it has an integrated adapter. I'm using this board on a desktop PC (Custom Built).

I am trying to update my network adapter through the *Intel Driver and Support Assistance* website, but then the message I posted before pops up. My windows is updated (W11) and I'm not sure about my bios, because I don't know how to update it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Olexander
Novice

Same issue.

Installing WiFi-22.180.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz
Windows 11

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello AxelTan,

Thank you for your response.

The BIOS can be updated by going to the board manufacturer website. You may consult with Asus how to update the BIOS if needed. You can check your current BIOS version by going to Windows search bar > System Information > BIOS version.

Try a manual clean installation of the latest wireless driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html) version 19.51.42.2 for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

As well, please be aware of the following Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/wireless.html)

If the issue persists, after the BIOS update and clean installation, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
AxelTan
Beginner

I completed all of the above.

The issue persists.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello AxelTan,

Many thanks for your reply.

Could you please confirm if you were able to successfully perform the clean installation of the driver version 19.51.42.2 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html)?

The report shows the driver version 19.51.15.3 instead. Here are the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html

If you get the same error, let me know.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
AxelTan
Beginner

Yes,

Sorry,

I can't download the driver manually because of the issue (attached).

Everything else I completed succesfully.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EJHonda
Novice

Following this thread - I"m having the same issue with new drivers being detected for my AX210 WiFi card (Win10 laptop), but each install attempt is now met with the same wording as OP's issue, with a 1603 error type.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried the clean install process? Here is my (better) version of this process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the desired Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX210 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX210 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

If you are continuing to see an error, post the installation error file that you are seeing.

...S

0 Kudos
EJHonda
Novice

Followed your instructions, including optional items, and that revealed a bigger issue.  I'm going to start my own thread as the complexity of my issue isn't appropriate to the OP's details.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your reply, AxelTan.

We are going to work on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello AxelTan,

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Based on all the troubleshooting steps performed already, and considering the wireless adapter was integrated to the board, our best recommendation is to contact the board manufacturer for further compatibility information/support.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos