Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KKötz
Beginner

Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 shown as Intel® Dualband Wireless-AC 7260 in Device Manager

Hey guys,

do you know if its normal that the Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265 is shown as Intel® Dualband Wireless-AC 7260 in Device Manager under the Networkadapters Tab?

Ive problems getting Wigig to work on a Dell Latitute E5550. The Wigig Application is allways showing "Wigig reagiert nicht" recommending me to restart my PC, which doesnt help.

Its the same whether or not i use the original Dell Driver/Wigig Application from support.dell.com or the Drivers/Wigig App found on the Intel Site.

According to the spec sheet of the 17265, it contains the 7265 to provide support normal WLAN and Bluetooth connectivity, so i guess its the correct status shown in the device manager. But then i am totaly lost, not knowing how to get the Wigig App working.

I also tried another 17265 in this PC, to rule out a defect of the card itself. But the issue is still the same.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Rium,

Before we go any further we would like to confirm if this adapter is the original one installed by factory.

KKötz
Beginner

Hi Aleki,

preinstalled was a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, which got replaced by a Dell Technican with the 17265. Also the LCD Backcover and WLAN-Antenna got replaced by the correct one for WiGig functionality.

According to Dell, the E5550 is now equipped with the same Hardware as a Out-Of-The-Box Wigig capable E5550.

The only thing i did not try so far is a complete reinstallation of the Operating System, which i hoped to get around by some software troubleshooting.

But still, the Dual Band Wireless-AC Card displayed in the device manager is confusing me.

By the way... are there Ubuntu/Linux Drivers for Wigig? So i may be able to test the Wigig functionality with a Live-OS before reinstalling completely.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Rium,

In this particular case, we recommend that you contact Dell* for support regarding this issue as Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wa... Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade for...

You also may find more information on how to use Intel® WiGig technology by accessing this other link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000007805.html?wa... Frequently Asked Questions About WiGig for Network and I O and also here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Intel%20Tri-Band%20Wireless-AC%2017265&to... keyword%3Dintel%20tri-band%20wireless-ac%2017265&filters%3DTarget%20Audience/Support&shadowFilters= Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265

As for your question whether it is normal to show in device manager as the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 the answer is yes, it will show like that for the Wi-Fi as for WiGig it will show as Intel® Dual Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265.