Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel WIFI 6 AX200. If disabled BT then stops WIFI 5Ghz

JADM
Beginner

Hello and thanks to everybody. I am new user in this place. It is a pleasure to be here

We are testing a couple of new tablet PCs for a project with Intel WIFI 6 AX200.

Enviroment is Windows10 Pro and Windows 10 LTSC updated versions (clean installations) + latest Windows driver for Wifi and BT (22.80.1.1)

During our testings, WIFI 2.4Ghz works fine and BT works fine but WIFI 5Ghz did not work

We were checking several drivers. We were investing several days in order to read a lot of users with WIFI 5Ghz questions, but nothing worked.

Yesterday we checked, when BT is activated WIFI 5Ghz works and if we disable BT, WIFI 5Ghz stops (2.4Ghz is working)

We did not find this rare (for us) question on the Net so, we are asking in this place

Anybody found this problem and how to solve it?

The question is, we need to work with WIFI 5Ghz everyday and we do not need to use BT because drain battery so, we prefer to disable BT port

Thanks again

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JADM
Beginner

Excuse me, no replies yet.

Does nobody have this problem?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello JADM

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

• When did it start to happen?
  • You mentioned this is a tablet, is this correct? Which model and manufacturer?
  • Is this a new system? If so, have check with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • What OS version are you using?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • What steps do you take to reproduce your issue?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JADM
Beginner

Dear David,

Thanks for your time, indeed

1. It is a new tablet PC. We are working with a maker (upon NDA)

2. I installed a clean Windows installation (I tested the problem Win10 Pro and Win10 Enterprise x64 versions)

3. The problem appears with all accounts (local or/and super account)

4. I was revising during several days all known issues related to similar symptoms. I did not find any similar problem

5. I am using last version drivers from Intel (Wifi and BT) (22.80.1 x64)

6. It is the original adapter and it was come pre-installed in system. I did not touch inside device

7. Steps are easy:

a. Open BT option, open Wifi open, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz works

b. Close BT, 2.4Ghz works. When trying 5Ghz, wait, wait, try connect and suddlenly, close all Wifi options, unistall Wifi driver (Ax200) and I have to reset Windows

8. I did not install new software. I am tech. people. First, device hasto be ready (drivers), second I have to test all device specs, finally, I might to install software but I did not do it yet

Thanks again

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided. We are working on this request, the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
JADM
Beginner

David, thanks.  We were not able to solve this topic during these days. Reading your message, it looks like you got the mistake and this is good news. Let´s see if we could get a solution

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @JADM, please check with the tablet manufacturer as this does not seem to be related the AX drivers. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos