Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz receives weak wifi signal from router

vyscop
Beginner

Hi I am having problem. I just bought new Gigabyte  Aero 15 with Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz. I am two walls away from wifi router and althought wifi strength is shown full or four bars, internet is so slow it is unusable. 

In the same room in the same spot I get no wifi problems with iphone 11 and 5 year old macbook air.

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us more information for recommendations:

• Are you having issues on WIFI or Bluetooth or both? Wifi
  • When did it start to happen? From start, When bought new notebook and installed all updates
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this a laptop or desktop system? laptop
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both? home
  • Is this a new computer? yes
  • What OS version are you using? Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.19042 Build 19042)
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? Yes
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? No
  • Were you able to have you wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Yes
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system? No
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing? No 
  • Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem? Yes

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello vyscop

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. On the information provided we noticed you're not running the latest Windows version and wireless driver. 

You can update Windows first, then you can try the latest OEM drivers and Intel generic drivers found here:

Let us know the outcome.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
vyscop
Beginner
Hi I already returned notebook because of this problem with wifi. Last time I tried it everything was updated - no more windows updates and wireless card info showed i had latest update.
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Since this was present from day 1, the best would be to continue working with the OEM or POP for warranty options or OEM drivers for testing. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos