Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz frequent disconnection

saudmir
Novice

Wifi connection suddenly drops and comes back online, however I am unable to see my router connection with which laptop was connected, all other surrounding networks show up and after 10 sec to approx. 3 mins I can see my network again.

Updated the drivers from Intel website, roll over drivers, also installed old version of drivers; nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Also disabled Wi-Fi 6G from device manager.

Selected AC from wifi modes in device manager.

Checked Wifi Channels through various softwares and no other channel seems to be interfering with the router

Router is not more than 8 meters away from laptop.

None of the other devices are dropping the connection.

Router doesn't disappear from Device Manager.

It was doing this in the previous builds as well.

Razer Blade 14 2021

Windows 11 22H2 22622.601

Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz

Driver version: 22.160.0.4

Release date: 14-Aug-22

Please someone guide me how can I resolve this issue, coz this is disturbing my work and all other activities

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected. To solve this, please try a clean installation of our latest driver, the 22.160.0 version.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
    I had windows 10 before and did not notice this issue on windows 10 until updated to windows 11

• Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
    Wireless connection was working without any issues before updating

• Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
    Happens on all networks and only on this device

• Are you able to reproduce the same issue while on a hardwired connection?
    Cannot connect to a hardwired connection since laptop does not have a lan port

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
    It came pre-installed with the system, have not changed it.

I have clean installed the drivers as per the instructions, I'll report back in a couple of days after observing if the issue is still there.

UPDATE: Wifi is still disconnecting randomly on its own even after following the instructions for a clean install.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

Thanks for your response.

Since the issue started after updating to Windows 11, I would assume that the issue could be related to the Operating System. I would recommend you reinstall the operating system, here are steps located in a Microsoft forum, if you need any support regarding the steps, you should contact Microsoft support.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

Re-installing the windows did not solve the problem, how can I check if the problem is with my router or the wifi card?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

As you mentioned previously, the issue persists when using different networks. If it is true, it may indicate that the issue could be caused by the wireless card and not in your network. However, I would like to further investigate this matter, to do so, please provide me with an Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

Download the Intel SSU

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

Hi

I'm attaching 2 files for your review:

1. SSU scan log

2. Wifi log 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Considering that the issue started after the Windows 11 upgrade, and upon checking the SSU customer has 22623 this is an insider version, can you test using an official version like 22000?

While I was investigating the issue, a new driver version has been released. Try clean wireless driver installation again, this time with the newest driver: 22.170.0.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

I was already on a stable official version before opting to insider version but the problem persisted, I have installed the new drivers and have been monitoring the progress, fingers crossed.

Did you find out if SSU log pointed out towards anything that might cause this?

EDIT: The new driver is also causing frequent disconnection

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

The new driver is also causing frequent disconnection

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir

Regarding your questions about the SSU, I only found the Operating Systems which is not an official release, that's why U suggested you use an official version.

However, I will resume my investigation. I will post back as soon as I have more details-

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello saudmir,

As the issue started after Windows 11 upgrade this could be compatibility between the Operating System and computer as you confirm there were no issues when using windows 10. You should contact Razer Support, your system's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice
So can we agree that the issue is with the wifi card and not the router?
0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

Just to experiment, I deleted all the drivers as you initially instructed and then let windows use the one's that are pre-built and to my surprise they are working absolutely fine since last night:

So the issue is definitely with the Drivers:

saudmir_0-1665754840781.png

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

Haven't heard in quite some time, did you find a suitable resolve?

Even rolling back to the windows driver, it is still randomly disconnecting but not as frequently as before

0 Kudos
Broonsbane
Beginner

I've had this issue for 4 months now since updating to Windows 11. I have 4 computers, 3 with ASUS Motherboard integrated AX210s and a stand-alone pcie AX210 installed on a different ASUS motherboard, all having these random disconnects. So it's clearly a driver issue. I've tried rolling back to older drivers, installing the latest Nov/Dec 2022 driver, and it's the same problem. 

This is unbelievable that Intel hasn't expedited a fix. I'm about ready to buy new cards and never buy an intel product ever again. 

FIX THE PROBLEM FOLKS!

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you done a proper clean install? If not, here is the process:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the desired Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6e AX210 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, go to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6e AX210 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go to Step 5.
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. Ensure you have enabled cleaning of System Files. I recommend that you then checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently in this category (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  11. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
saudmir
Novice

Thank you for the long lengthy procedure to do everything that has always been tried my multiple users countless of times but this just doesn't work.

No matter what you do, this doesn't help, specially on 2.4Gigs connection. 

Alot of users have raised this concern over a good span of time but it has still not been resolved.

The Only viable solution that users have found themselves is to only connect to a 5Gig connection or higher.

Intel has refused to address this in a serious way and I'm in the same list of users which is opting for other cards now instead of intel. 

This is just frustrating that you can't even use a basic facility due to a serious technical issue that's not being address properly

0 Kudos
Broonsbane
Beginner

Yes, tried all of these things and the problem persists. It's unbelievable that the problem has persisted this long without resolution. I have no other option other than to buy a USB adapter so that all 3 machines in my basement with different suppliers but the same intel chip will work. It's absolutely the chip and Windows 11. 

For intel to be silent on the problem speaks loud enough to me. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.