Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7846 Discussions

Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz - Repeated Wifi Disconnection must be fixed.

yasserm
Beginner

My device has been continuously disconnecting from Wifi multiple times a day for the past 3-4 weeks. I will have to manually reconnect it each and every time. I recently found events in my windows event viewer that state the following:

"The description for Event ID [**this number varies from event to event**] from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Some of the events display the following as additional information:

"The following information was included with the event:
\Device\NDMP3
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz"

This leads me to believe that this specific network adapter is the source of my disconnection troubles. Through some online searches I've found that many other customers have had the same issue or similar issues dating back to mid–2023. I have not, however, found a proper fix besides a few people (both customers and employees) simply saying to revert the adapter's drivers back to a previous version, and even that depends on the specific technology of the computer (as far as my knowledge goes). For what it's worth, I do not consider that a fix, but simply a patch-up.

Additional details:
1. I have had this device since last November with no problems until the aforementioned 3-4 weeks ago.
2. This adapter is what came with my computer initially. I did not deliberately change or install this one.
3. Bluetooth works seemingly fine. This issue seems to only affect Wifi.
4. The modem/router I use is the Xfinity XB7 (Model No. CGM4331COM), which does support Wifi 6E. This disconnection issue applies to none of my other devices, just this one with this adapter. Even after getting an Xfinity technician to look at the XB7 itself, everything seemed fine.
5. I am using the Wifi antennae that came with my device.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello yasserm,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

It would be a great help if we could get more information about your system to properly analyze the root cause. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility and share the SSU log file (.txt).

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello yasserm,

As we have not heard from you for the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos