Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel WiFi 6 AX200 can't connect to some particular wi-fi routers. Laptop - Lenovo P53

arturlax
Novice

In 2021 I was using laptop Lenovo P53 with my home wi-fi network and public networks as usual without any problems. After that I needed to relocate for some time (since then I've got several windows updates and drivers updates). When I got back I noticed that my laptop could't connect to my home wi-fi network anymore. When I was trying to connect, it was just showing me "Connecting" and in the end "Unable to connect to this network". Moreover I noticed that the laptop was not able to connect to some wi-fi routers in hostels that I went to.

However there is no problem with connection to my iPhone Wi-Fi hotspot, or to Wi-Fi at my workplace. From the other side, my iPhone and my other old laptop can connect to the home router.

I've been searching for possible solutions on forums but with no results. My laptop is still not able to connect to the home Wi-Fi router.

Actions that I've performed:

- Full reinstallation of Windows. Current version - Windows 10 Pro 21H2.

- Installation of the latest (date 16.01.2022) version of Wi-Fi Intel drivers - version 22.100.1.1 from the Intel website. As can be seen on screenshots this driver is fresher than that on the Lenovo Website. Also I've tried to install some old drivers to check but with no results.

- Changing and experimenting with adapter properties. Literally I've changed and tested every parameter in adapter "Advanced" tab including wireless modes, band width etc according to some forum recomendations. Still no results.

- Additionally I tried to change some router parameters, but it did't help. So I kept them the same as they were before (on the screenshot) when everything worked and my laptop was able to connect to the router.

Please help me to find a solution.

P.S. Router settings haven't been changed at all for 2 years. The only things that have changed are - Windows version and Wi-Fi driver version.

P.P.S. I suspect that the problem can be connected with old routers with wi-fi standards 802.11b/g/n. Because at work I have a new router and everything works fine.

P.P.P.S SSU test file attached to the post. Country - Poland.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Have you reported this issue with your OEM?
  2. Model of the router. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
arturlax
Novice

Hello Josue,

Thank you for your response.

1. Currently this problem is being dissused on the Lenovo forum. Still no solution. Link below:

Lenovo P53 can't connect to some particular wi-fi routers. Adapter - Intel WiFi 6 AX200 

No need to discuss the poblem with internet provider, because previously everything worked and other devices have no problem with connection.

2. The router is "Netia Spot v2"

Documentation can be downloaded here:

Netia Spot PDFs 

here:

Netia Spot info 

and here:

Netia Spot main info 

Best regards, 

Artur Lax

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, based on the fact that the wireless adapter is able to connect to other networks and work fine with them and all the troubleshooting done so far, the root cause of the issue seems to be related to the network and the router.

You can try different settings on the router such as changing the channel and the band to check if the issue disappears. If even after changing these settings the issue persists, we recommend contacting the router manufacturer and checking for firmware updates available for the system. 

You should also check the compatibility between the router and the wireless card with the manufacturer. Even though it was working before, updates to the system might have affected the compatibility with the router, therefore, you will need to check it with the manufacturer. 

Also, you might find useful assistance from Lenovo as they were the ones integrating the wireless card into your system and may have information on the compatibility of the laptop with different routers. 

Hope this information is useful. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
arturlax
Novice

Hello Josue,

As I mentioned, this problem appeared not only with the router in my place, but with some other routers in different hostels too. So I suspect that this problem is rather related to my device.

Currently I am checking info about my router compatibility etc.

But if there are any other solutions please inform here. The problem is still open.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update arturlax, please let us know once you try different bands/channels on the routers with problems and if you tried that already let us know the outcome.

Regards, 

David G.

0 Kudos
arturlax
Novice

Hello David,

I've tried to change different bands/channels and other parameters on the router , but unfortunatelly with no results.

Best regards,

Artur Lax

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Thank you for the information provided, I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
arturlax
Novice

Hello Josue,

Thank you.

Looking forward to further information. 

Best regards,

Artur Lax

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

In this case, please try the following steps:

• Disable and re-enable the WLAN on your BIOS and check if the issue persists.
  • Try to reset the modem and check cables are well connected.
  • Verify that your device is set in your current region/country. 

In case none of those steps work, please try the following:

1. Press Windows Key + R and enter “services.msc” followed by the ENTER key.
  2. Find “WLAN AutoConfig” in the list of services, right-click it and select Properties.
  3. Press Start & change the startup type "Automatic".
  4. Restart your computer.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
arturlax
Novice

Hello Josue,

I will try this method and will write about results in following week.

Best regards,

Artur Lax

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Sure! Please let us know if you have any updates.

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Were you able to test our recommendations?

Let us know if you have any updates.

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
arturlax
Novice

Hello Josue,

Today I recieved Windows 11 update. Problem remained the same. I will check your recomendations tomorrow.

Best regards,

Artur Lax

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Thank you for the update, please let us know the results of our recommendations. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

Were you able to test our recommendations?

Let us know the outcome. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello arturlax,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos