Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160Mhz disconneting

senakasap
Beginner

Hello,

I have Lenovo L13 laptop. I purchased it 3-4 months ago.

For a long time, i cannot use wifi properly. My laptop frequently disconnects from it. When i am close to wifi, disconnections happens less, but still it disconnects.

I have tried updating drivers. But i couldnt solve this disconneting issue.

Is there something that I can do?

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello senakasap, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Brand and model number of your modem/router. 

3. Did your system work before? If yes, do you remember making any changes before the issue started? 

4. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

5. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

6. Can you explain with more details what the behavior is? I.e. when you say it disconnects, is it that the PC is no longer connected to your network, the connection no longer works and you have to reset, etc. Also, when this happens, do you see any error message in device manager or event viewer perhaps?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
senakasap
Beginner

Hello and thanks for the reply.

1. I ran the (Intel® SSU) and attached the report.

2. Brand and model number of my modem/router is ZYXEL, AC1200 VDSL2/ADSL2, VMG3625-T50B. Also, when this issue started I was using my previous modem (Huawei). I thought that it may be related to my modem beacuse it was pretty old. So I changed the modem and bought the Zyxel,  but the issue remained.

3. My computer worked fine for some time but this issue started kinda suddenly. I dont remember doing any changes.

4. I am just having trouble with wifi.

5. This is the original adapter that was pre-installed.

6. So the issue happens like this,

I use internet for a while and then my connection drops. I try to reconnect to wifi so I click on connect but it says "cannot connect to this network". In order to reconnect I have to restart my computer. Also, if I go to device manager and disable then enable the device, it reconnects.However, after using the internet for a while, it disconnects again.

I dont see any error message in device manager or event viewer. It says that the device is working properly.

I hope I made it clear.

senakasap

0 Kudos
senakasap
Beginner

Hello again,

I noticed that the file I attached earlier is not entirely in English.
Here is the correct one.

senakasap

0 Kudos
Eren1912
Beginner

Hello , i need help as well. I'm having same problem since 3-4 month. I bought laptop from Monster notebook company Tulpar t7 v20.2 and connection drops all of a sudden and when i try to fix the issue , it takes 30 second and all good but connection drops 4-5 times a day which is very annoying , i tried to reach company and they said i need to reboot windows first then maybe it could be hardware issue but i don't think so because when i try to fix it windows sees it as a problem and all fixed in 30 sec i got green tick said "wireless adapter is fixed" i was using intel wifi 6 ax201 version 21.10.0.5 and kept trying to update but it kept saying its latest version by windows till i see latest update version is 22.10.0.7  . Now i have downloaded this version i will see whether i get this problem again or not 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello all,  

@Eren1912, please open a new thread and provide all the details so we can better assist you, please include the Intel® SSU report and other details requested on this thread. 

@senakasap, thanks for the information. Based on the Intel® SSU report I can see that you are using an AC 9560 card and not an AX201; please try the following: 

1. Try a clean install of the wireless drivers following these steps to the letter (try with both your system manufacturer and Intel drivers): 

2. Update the Operating System (OS) to the latest version, follow Microsoft's recommendations: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a#:~:text=In%20Windows%2010%2C%20you%20decide,Update%20%26%20Security%20%3E%20Windows%20Update%20.  

3. Set the recommended settings for 802.11AC connectivity: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-io/wireless.html  

4. Update the system BIOS to the latest version, check with Lenovo* for guidance on this process: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-l-series-laptops/thinkpad-l13-yoga-type-20r5-20r6/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI  

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
senakasap
Beginner

Hello ,

Thanks for help. I will go through all the steps and let you know.

Also, sorry for the wrong information I provided.

senakasap

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello senakasap,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
senakasap
Beginner

Hello,

I followed all the steps in your advice. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issues. It doesn't look like it has been corrected.

But thanks for your help.

senakasap

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

I checked the specs on the ADSL router, and it does support both 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz bands. On your laptop with the AX201 adapter have you tried setting the adapter such that it has a preferred band of 2.4 GHz? That will limit the connection to an N type, but it will hopefully prevent the adapter from trying to make an AC link on 5 GHz. That may well be enough to prevent the drops.

Not to go off the topic, but 5 GHz band is far more susceptible to signal drop from walls and barriers between the laptop and the router.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello senakasap,  

Were you able to follow the previous recommendations given by the community?

Based on what we have done so far I strongly believe that this may be a hardware issue in your system.

Chances are you need a physical inspection or a card replacement. As you recently bought this product, you may want to contact your reseller or system manufacturer for further help.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello senakasap,  

We hope the previous recommendations were useful to you. Since the problem seems to be a hardware issue and you should check with your system manufacturer for help, we will close this inquiry from our side. 

If you need further assistance, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
senakasap
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I will contact my system manufacturer.

senakasap

0 Kudos