Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 AX200 - Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro / Fedora 34 not working

boogie
Beginner

Hello! I hope you can help me with this.

I bought a laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro) and installed Fedora 34 on it. Everything works great, but unfortunately i can't get the Intel Wifi 6 AX200 module to work.

What i've done so far:
- I have already checked whether the module is locked - which is not the case.
- The system is up to date, the latest firmware drivers are installed (including those for the Intel wireless module).
- Secure boot is deactivated in the BIOS, a second system is not installed.

Lenovo already offers laptops with this module as a Fedora edition. I have also read reports on the Internet that the module works with Fedora 34, assuming that it should also be compatible with my laptop.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Christoph

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @boogie

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

First, we recommend reviewing the table of Wireless adapters and corresponding kernel versions available in this link to make sure the system is running a supported Kernel. In this link, you may also find firmware drivers for wireless adapters: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi

The latest kernel/firmware is available at the following link:​ ​https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/

If the kernel version corresponds to the Wireless adapter, or if you have installed/updated to the proper firmware and the issue persists, please provide us with the following information:

1. What is the exact/full model of the Lenovo* Ideapad 5 Pro laptop (it seems we got different results when searching on the Internet. You may also share a link as a reference).
  2. The exact version/distribution of the Linux Fedora* operating system. Or please provide us with the output of this terminal command: $ hostnamectl
  3. Please also type the following command to the terminal and provide us with the outcome: # lspci
  4. Just for testing purposes (and if this is possible for you), please confirm if you are able to replicate the issue while using Ubuntu*? If yes, please provide details.
  5. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it into the computer?
  6. Please elaborate more regarding the issue when you said "can't get the Intel Wifi 6 AX200 module to work". Do you mean the device doesn't connect to networks? Does it connect and drops the connection? Is it not detecting wireless networks? Or is the wireless card not even detected on the system?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello boogie

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello boogie

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now.

If the issue persists, our recommendation is to check this further with the support on the Linux distro forums. Also, if Lenovo* already offers laptops with this module as a Fedora edition, you may want to contact Lenovo* Support and request further assistance about using this operating system (OS).

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
KHT
Beginner

Hello,

This Laptop actually may have a non-Intel Wifi card, as is thecase inmy machine.

Could you advise which Intel card is compatible, AX200, AX 200 with .NV suffix, or AX210?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos