Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 ax200/ax201 keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

AHill21
Beginner

Have had some HP Spectre x360 EliteBooks and Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 with problems with Intel WiFi 6 AX200 / AX201 160 MHz wireless nic drivers.

Have upgraded the drivers to the latest Intel version 21.70.0.6 (07/01/2020), and this still does not fix the problem.

If you go to the nic driver in Windows 10, and Advanced then Disable 802.11 n/ac/ax the driver works fine.

Is there a fix at all for this?

Thanks!

Anthony :)

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi AHill21, I just wanted to let you know that there is a new Intel® Wireless driver version 21.80.2, that contains the fixes for issues similar as the one you described on this thread, please test it and let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29455/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=189347

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Natalia44591
Beginner

Hi ,i have been really struggling with the wifi disconnecting happens nearly everyday.I have uninstalled driver and rebooted and that usually works however sometimes none of the methods work eg network rest ,update driver etccc .I have been resetting my PC and that stops it for a few days.I have downloaded the updated wifi from your link , however not sure what to do next. Can you advise me what to do?

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AHill21, I just wanted to check if you were able to test the Intel® Wireless driver version 21.80.2 and if the problem persists after that or if it got fixed installing the HP drivers?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello AHill21, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
cyocom
Beginner

Open device manager, up top click on 'view', click on 'show hidden devices', expand 'Network Adapters', click on each virtual adapter, power management, uncheck 'allow this computer to turn off this device to save power'.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

I have asus zenbook ux425ea and when connecting to 5Ghz the wifi is drooping every few min. But when connecting 2.4 Ghz there is no problam.

I try almost everything, 

1. Reinstalling all kind of drivers (From Asus and Intel)

2. Reinstall windows 10

When connecting external USB WiFi the 5Ghz work fine with no droping.

I dont know if the its hardware problem or driver.

I contact the Asus support and they want to take the laptop to check.

0 Kudos
cyocom
Beginner

Download and install from the Intel drivers site the newest driver version 22.20.0.6. I did last night and it seems to be working better.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

I did install the the new driver already 22.20.0.0 1/12/2021... 

But still I facing the same problem.

Asus call me, and they will replace the Wifi card, They think it is an hardware problem.

I will update if it solve the problem.

0 Kudos
NetData
Beginner

Intel has a problem here.  I am reseller/consultant.  I setup a new Lenovo for a customer and discovered this same wifi problem. After being on the phone with Lenovo support they wanted me to send it in for repair. Since it was new we just returned the computer.

Skip ahead 3 days and we got a new MSI laptop. I set this up and alas the same problem happened. I spent over an hour checking the wireless access points and they are good, 20 other computers are connecting and working fine. Come to find out the wireless card was the same in both laptops (ax201).  I updated both to the latest manufacture driver as well as the intel driver with the same result.

Intel you better get on this problem asap.  One thing I discovered with the latest intel driver is the wireless sometimes starts working normally if I wait around 15 minutes after powering up and also it works if I disconnect and reconnect the wireless after booting the computer. Weird problem for sure.  

If purchasing a new laptop I recommend you verify it does not have this wireless adapter installed, at least until this issue if fixed.

0 Kudos
cyocom
Beginner

Once it connects, it works great. When I reboot or wake if from sleep mode, it take about 2 minutes for the wifi to connect. 

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Intel should take responsibility and instruct to replace all Intel ax200/201.

I dont know if you also have problem with the bluetooth! because it is the same component I also facing serious mouse lag.

My device is Asus zenbook ux425ea and Asus wants to replace to component but If there is a problem with Intel it will not fix... (I will Update you soon)

0 Kudos
cyocom
Beginner

I don't use a mouse, just the finger pad. The issue I'm having is on my Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.5. I have a TP-Link Archer C9 wifi router. In my home, I also have 2 Dell laptops, a Samsung TabPro S laptop, a Samsung Tab A Chromebook, two Samsung Galaxy smartphones, and a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop, I know its old, but it works great for Quicken. The desktop is ethernet wired, all others are wifi. I don't have any issues with connecting quickly to wifi on enything except my Book Flex. One of the Dell laptops is for my wife's work and it is completely encrypted and she does not have any issues. Because of everything else working great, I have narrowed it down to the Intel AX201 adapter. I've tried various configurations and settings and nothing seems to help much. I've even opened up the hidden devices in Device Manager and unchecked the box under Power Management to ' allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' for all virtual adapters listed if they are not grayed out.

0 Kudos
cyocom
Beginner

Something else to try. Go to Control Panel, click on Network and Sharing Center, at bottom left click on Internet Options, click on LAN settings, make sure there is a checkmark in the first box, Automatically detect settings, click OK. My Samsung Book Flex now connect within 5 seconds of coming out of sleep mode.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Thank you, 

about your suggestion to checkmark in the Automatically detect settings...

But for me it didn't solve the problem .

0 Kudos
krzykacz
Beginner

Same Zenbook UX425EA and I'm experiencing similar problems. BT mouse works ok, but WIFI is sometimes unstable. For me v21.90.3.2 drivers provided byt Asus are the best.

In eventlog there are 5002 and 5005 errors related to AX201.

@Shay2007 Any new findings

0 Kudos
NetData
Beginner

I'm able to connect to Wi-Fi immediately however the bandwidth is cut to less than 20% of normal and I get high ping times and high packet loss.  After about 15 minutes it works fine, or if I disconnect and reconnect wireless it works fine.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Someone having also problem with the Intel Bluetooth?

If connect Bluetooth mouse are you having Laging?

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Asus came and replace the Mother board (Asus UX425ea).

The problem continue!!

When the 5Ghz connect there is droping. and the Bluetooth mouse keep Laging.

Intel - Please take responsibility!!!

0 Kudos
NetData
Beginner

After a little more troubleshooting I find that if I set the 2.4ghz and 5ghz to 20mhz instead of auto, things work. Though it does take around 15-30 seconds to get to full bandwidth.

What wireless AP's are you all using.  I am testing using Ubiquiti WAPs

0 Kudos
drlatour
Beginner

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem.

I have done all other possible ways and it did not work fresh windows 11 , recovery windows 10 surface, etc...)

This is what I had to do resolve it this apply to surface pro with ax201.

1. In router do not bind both network into 1 meaning give different name to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz This is important (it confuses the adapter connection).

2. Do not use DFS this will only cause more issues.

3. Do a fresh install of Windows 10 do not use the recovery from Microsoft THIS IS IMPORTANT.

4. Do the wizard internet connection during the windows 10 setup

5. Do all update and after if you wish upgrade to Windows 11 IMPORTANT do not update the wireless driver keep the current version installed in windows 10 (v 22.80..0.9) as this version works good.

If you follow those instruction it should work without issues and probably for any other pc or laptops.

I think the issue is down to  Microsoft not Intel in this particular case.

Hope this help

0 Kudos