Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 ax200 keeps disconnecting

Braymok
Beginner

I bought 3 weeks ago new laptop - Gigabyte G5 KC
(https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/G5--RTX-30-Series#kf)

• Windows 10 Pro
  •  
  • 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-10500H (2.5GHz~4.5GHz)
  • 15.6" Thin Bezel FHD IPS-Level 240 / 144Hz Display
  • Intel® UHD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB GDDR6
    Boost Clock 1425 MHz, Maximum Graphics Power 105 W
    Supports NVIDIA Max-Q Technologies:
    Dynamic Boost 2.0, Resizable BAR, and Optimus™ Technology.
  • Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Wireless Network Card
    Intel® AX200 Wireless (802.11ax, a/b/g/n/ac/ax compatible)

I have usually disconnected from the Wifi of my university. At first i thought the problem on there network, but after 3 days when they test everything, its disconnect me from the wifi but from the network provider its show that he gave me ip, which means that he respond my request and created new IP address, but i cant connect the internet itself.
By the way, the router close to my room and for everyone in the dorms building the internet work perfect. Not only but also, every room have his own router, and my roommates dont have any problem, its just this adapted Wifi. Furthermore when i got the disconnecting, my phone still connect to the same wifi and not have any issue.
I tried to install the drivers from Intel - "Intel Driver Support Assistant", its update my Wireless card to version 22.40.0.7 and show me that everything updated successfully.

Unfortunately its didnt solve the problem. Still i can connect to the internet, enter Zoom classes and from nowhere its disconnecting me and i doesnt have connection for long time.
Open Wireshard to see the traffic and saw i have respond from the host but didnt see the any packets after that, just fail to connect.

What can i do to solve the issue ? I pay a lot for this laptop, and more important, i cant study like and when i enter,exit,enter,exit in classes.

*Update*

I uninstall, removed the driver and reinstall it. I restart my computer and then i have internet, but maybe the problem is on win10.
I use with 2 screens, one of course is the laptop, and the other one is regular TV (not Smart) and connect with HDMI. Long story short, when i plug the HDMI to my laptop i get disconnection , and if plug it out, my internet back again. its probably something with the windows 10 pro maybe? cause i saw yesterday that windows 10 have problem with dual screens and they release big update but not gonna be soon (date release in October). The good news they release this week a beta version of the update, but as you know beta is beta in the end of the day...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Braymok
Beginner

I attach the scan from System Support Utility if its can help you for the issue

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Braymok,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following information.

1. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks and different bands?
  2. Have you tested the computer with the latest customized wireless driver provided by Gigabyte?
  3. Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system? 
  4. Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  5. Please provide the exact model of access-point, router, modem that you are currently using.
  6. Did you make sure your access point, router, modem has the latest firmware?
  7. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  8. You mentioned that when you plug the HDMI into your laptop it gets disconnected and, if you plug it out, your internet is back again, does that mean that you can have a normal/expected performance if you just avoid using a secondary display?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Braymok,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Braymok, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos