Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel Wifi ac9462 keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

Ezequiel
Beginner

Since the 21.70.0 wifi wireless driver update my internet connection does not work. I have tried the 22.10.0 update but it is worst than the 21.70.0. It shows a "code error 10".

I dont know what to do now, I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling them, I have tried to revert the version but it cannot be reverted to the oldest one, I have tried updating the BIOS but it was not the problem and I have updated Windows to the lastest version too.

I have been with this problems for 5-7 days.

My laptop: Asus Tuf Gaming FX505GT.

Thanks for reading.

Ezequiel.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What is Asus saying about this? I presume that you did your due-diligence with them before ever approaching Intel. Since this adapter came installed in your system, Asus is responsible for it, not Intel. It could be (I do not know) that Asus has custom firmware for the adapter and/or a customized device driver. In either case, installing newer drivers obtained from the Intel site would be wiping out the customizations. Remember the rules: (1) You should always use the drivers from the system manufacturer and (2) you should only use drivers from the Intel site if the manufacturer is saying that this is ok.

...S

0 Kudos