Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
TMaka
Novice

I have managed to make it to work.

I had to tape up pin # 51(antenna side, last pin at the right end) on the card and then instantly it started working.

0 Kudos
GGreg5
Beginner

Thanks, another alternative solution to add to the list.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the information. I will pass this to development.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
JStor4
Beginner

Could you take a picture of the taped card?

0 Kudos
JStor4
Beginner
0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice
0 Kudos
JStor4
Beginner

Thanks. It works now, however the bluetooth connection with my ipad is very inconsistent. I have to pair my nuc pc with the ipad repeatedly. Sometimes the bluetooth signal does not show up on the ipad at all.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

You have the latest drivers installed? iPad has the latest software installed?(I'm an android guy)

0 Kudos
JStor4
Beginner

yes, all drivers and ios are the latest version

0 Kudos
eshen4
Beginner

I am a DN2820FYKH user for 2wks. Also face with bluetooth problem. The latest wifi and bt drivers were installed. After once work properly, it went out.

0 Kudos
DDona3
Beginner

Hi all Sony Vaio users.

I replaced on my Vaio SVS1511C5E (W7 64) the old but perfectly functional N6235 (BT+WI FI) with this AC 7260.

Wifi worked soon, but BT always gave the fatal error # 43.

I tried hudreds of software modification to PC (drivers, workourand and many others tricks from this thread) but no success at all.

At last I decided to apply HW mod taping pin # 51 (see previous posts).

Once done, BT worked magically and perfectly.

So Intel, shame on you !

Why N6235 is working perfectly and AC 7260 is not working on the same PC ?

Is it possible that I have to make HW modifications to make it work ?

Can I have a technical explanation why N6235 works and not AC 7260 on the same PC ?

For this reason I will never buy again an Intel adapter !

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

I have updated to the latest driver and I'm getting the error # 43 again, with covered pin # 51.

I had to revert to the previous driver.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Few OEMs have a whitelist in the BIOS to block unsupported modules. When BIOS detects unsupported module, it keeps the module in reset (using rfkill pin # 51) to prevent from OS detecting it. Some OEMs BIOS warns the user on power up and stops booting into OS until the module is changed. OEMs have various reasons (one of them is full system validation) for doing so.

DDona3
Beginner

If you theory is right, the BT card should not be seen at all, instead in this case it's initially reccognized also by windows, but after some time it gives weird behaviour, like error # 43, being recognized as generic bluetooth device or other strange effect, so I don't agree at all.

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

That's a general theory anyway. Google on WLAN BIOS whitelist. Agree if it was a true whitelist block, OS shouldn't detect the device when pin # 1 is unmasked. I've seen different issues on various systems. Sorry this sort of mods can't be supported. It doesn't make any technical sense to use 7260AC on a product that supports legacy WLAN standard.

0 Kudos
eshen4
Beginner

Hi, i bought a lenovo LBK500-CN bluetooth keyboard, after successful "paired" on NUC, it suddenly disappeared in bluetooth device dialogue. While the keyboard pairing led keep blinking during the entire process. Seems the keyboard pairing nothing?

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

I have a Toshiba laptop and a while back I have posted that I fixed this issue, by taping up one of the pins(don't remember the pin # , but I know it's the last one on the far right, if you are facing the board with the components on top).

It's been working great ever since, but lately if I try to update the drivers, it seems like it's working great, but if my laptop enters in a power saver mode, the WiFi will not reconnect, no networks are detected and if I check it with the the troubleshooter, it reports some driver issue.

I did not pay attention what is going on with the Bluetooth, though.

0 Kudos
ATych
Beginner

I have same problem with HP Probook 450 G1 + Intel AC 7260

Wi-Fi working normally

Bluetooth device cannot start (Code 43).

Trying to tape # 51 pin, but without luck.

As I understand there is no solution how to fix it?

0 Kudos
ATych
Beginner

in addition, here is Event Viewer logs:

0 Kudos
gdrvk
Beginner

Hi , same problem with my clevo p157sm, Windows7 x64 and intel ac7260,Bluetooth code43, i think it's a Windows 7 issue relative to the power management that only a Windows update may solve.

0 Kudos
ATych
Beginner

I'm not agree with you.

I have Windows 8.1 - same issue. This is not a Windows problem. Many users describe same problem on Ubuntu platforms.

This is Intel hardware issue i think.

0 Kudos