Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working

MNguy21
Novice

I just bought an Intel NUC and had it running and working for a couple of days. Yesterday, I was streaming music to my bluetooth speakers and then it stopped. I checked device manager and bluetooth is not showing error code 43. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the intel website but the issue remains. I am currently running windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. attached is the DXDIAG

0 Kudos
170 Replies
SBruh
Beginner

Hi.

My solution: Open cover, locate the wireless board, unscrew, clean contacts, reassemble. It worked for me. My NUC was three weeks old when Code 43 appeared in the device manager.

Sebastian

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

Back with another problem. Why I had to update the driver??

This time, Bluetooth is completely missing, in the Device Manager.

In stead, it shows up as an Other Device: Multifunction Device two times.

I have tried re-installing drivers, older/new no difference.

Installed Bluetooth first and than the Wi-Fi, still no difference. Removed all power, still no difference.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello tibimakai,

1 - is it showing any error massage ?

2 - Where did you install the drivers from ? .

3 - Is the wireless adapter installed in the same environment?

4 - Did you run our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect Intel® Driver Update Utility to make sure the correct drivers are installed ?

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

Error message is, # 28.

Download center, I have selected my card and operating system.

It's in the same spot as previously, in my laptop.

I have run the Intel Driver Update Utility and it's all up to date.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

At Location: shows "on Artista WDDM 3D Bus"

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello tibimkai,

A code 28 error is cause by a missing driver for a particular piece of hardware. In this case we recommend the following

*You will need to have your computer connected to via an Ethernet cable for the following procedure.

1 - Clean uninstall from device manager all drivers for your wireless adapter including the Bluetooth* one. It is very important that no files related to the drivers are left behind.

2 - If your computer came with the wireless adapter already installed, the best option will be to download all drivers from your computer manufacturer support page as their drivers have been tested and certified to work with your system. If it is not the case, follow step 3

3 - Once all files are uninstalled, please go to our support page and download the latest drivers from our support page beginning by the Bluetooth* one. It is very important that the installation obeys your system configurations. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+Dual+Band+Wireless-AC+7260 Intel® Download Center

4 - You may also try to restore you computer to a point before the driver updates.

As for error code 28, it is related registry issues and the Artista WDDM 3D Bus is related to compatibility. We recommend that you contact Microsoft* to obtain more information about it. Please access this link for assistance: http://www.answerdesk.microsoftstore.com/AnswerTech Answer Desk - Answer Techs

Let us know if this helped you.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

Thanks for helping.

Can I just download ahead of time the drivers? I really need an Ethernet cable for this?

After I'll install the BT driver, something should show up, in the Device Manager?

Restoring to an earlier time, is the last resort.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello tibimakai,

Yes, you would need an Ethernet cable because when you uninstall the drivers completely, you will temporarily lose your wireless connection until you install the drivers again. And the reason for that is to be absolutely sure that no files from the previous installation remained that could be affecting the proper installation and causing the issue.

You should see the proper name of the Bluetooth* radios. Restoring to an earlier time may resolve the issue as the errors reported is related to the OS.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

I have done a restore(without trying the Ethernet cable trick) and the BT is back.

Thanks for the help.

I don't understand, why there are so many problems with this card, the 6235 it worked great.

The new 7265 card is better? It would be a good idea upgrading, or that card faces the same issues?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

The adapters of the Intel® Wireless 7265 family have many enhancements that were not available in the 7260. However, if the system is having compatibility issues, this may happen also with the new adapter. We would advise you to contact the PC manufacturer to obtain a list of supported Wireless Adapters before upgrading your system.

The new Intel® Wireless 7265 family is only available in M.2 form factor, and also has improved power consumption. For more details about these adapters, you can check the http://ark.intel.com/products/family/59484/Intel-Wi-Fi-Products Specification page for Intel® Wi-Fi Products.

0 Kudos
TMaka
Novice

OK, it shows up as Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller. There are two of these devices showing and both have error code 43.

This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
AIp
Beginner

Hi

I have replaced the wifi from 7260n to AC7625 and got the bluetooth problem on my Vaio Pro.

Windows 10 pro cannot find any bluetooth device in the device manager.

I tried install the bluetooth driver, but the problem didn't solve...

Anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello Arcadia,

Installing or upgrading the various Intel® Wireless Adapters by end users is not supported by Intel. Before installing this device into a system, you must contact the manufacturer of the system, and determine if the product is approved for use in a specific system in a specific country.

The end user is not authorized to install these wireless adapters. They can only be installed by the manufacturer or its authorized representative.

Our best recommendation is to contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support, they will let you know if this adapter is supported in your system, and if so, what are the actions they recommend to do the upgrade successfully.

In our best effort, we can only recommend a clean installation of the wireless software. Uninstalling the PROSet/Wireless Software from the programs menu and the drivers in device manager before installing the new drivers again.

Please contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support and download their version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10 and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology for Windows® 10. As a second option, you can obtain the versions available from Intel® Download Center:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25297/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25325/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-Technology-for-Windows-10-64-bit Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology for Windows® 10 64-bit

0 Kudos
sspyr
Beginner

There are newer drivers nowadays.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25513/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-10 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows® 10

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25135/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technology-for-MS-Windows-10-64-bit-WP- Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for MS Windows® 10 64-bit (WP)

With these drivers that are for AC 7260 and not AC 7265 according to description,

when i have connected some bluetooth speakers along with a bluetooth headset (having the headset as default communication device),

after some chat sessions the speakers no longer have sounds (although the windows option Sound->Playback shows activity (they are still the default device).

Also i noticed that in Windows 7 the speakers were muted when the chat session began but in Win 10 this does not happening.

0 Kudos
DDona3
Beginner

You can get it working by taping pin # 51 (see previous posts)

0 Kudos
AUrsi
Beginner

I own a Samsung ATIV Tab 7 Pro with Intel centrino 6235 WiFi + BT module and since when I bought it, Bluetooth didn't work at all.

I've tried everything.

Initially I had Windows 8 and in the DeviceManager > Bluetooth there were 2 item grayed saying that the BT device was not present.

No success with driver update from Samsung and from Intel.

I upgraded to windows 8.1

The Bluetooth module disappeared from Device Manager.

No way to bring it back. Every action and every driver installation had no success.

Then I upgraded to windows 10.

Same situation. No BT module in Device Manager.

Various attempt to install new drivers with no success.

So I opened the PC and I've taped pin # 51. No change

Then I taped pin # 20. No change

Then I taped pin # 20 and pin # 51. No change

No BT module present in the device manager.

At this point, believing that the module was damaged, I bought a new 7260 Wifi + BT mudule.

No change.

I installed the new drivers but i can get the WiFi working but no BT module present in the Device Manager.

I started over taping pin # 51. No change

Then I taped pin # 20. No change

Then I taped pin # 20 and pin # 51. No change

No BT module present in the device manager.

Can anyone help me?

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
bdaka
Beginner

RE: Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working code 43 - [SOLVED] = re-seat the SSD & Network card

Just had Intel Wireless AC 7260 Bluetooth stops working code 43

- Have had it several times over the last few weeks, Now it is every day.

1. DeviceManager > Bluetooth > Uninstall ( keep driver)

> Scan for Hardware changes

Result - No Bluetooth at all ( did not reappear after scan)

2. Re-seat SSD & Network card AC7260. & Reboot

3. Still no Bluetooth in device manager

4. Install New latest Intel bluetooth drivers from

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

5. Reboot and Hey Presto Bluetooth mouse and keyboard are working again

( and have been for an hour so far)

Many Thanks to Maibad31's strange suggestion to re-seat the SSD and Network card.

CKing2
Beginner

I did spend about my full weekend fixing this s.... while I actually had quite some other work to do. So I hope this will help you guys!

My issue was the following: in the Device Manager

• code 43, then i deleted the bluetooth, wifi and all USB drivers just by pressing delete in the Device Manager
  • After reboot wifi and usb came back but bluetooth didn't!
  • Even the faulty USB did not come back! (I enabled 'show hidden devices')

From there I could do whatever said (except opening the device):

Power cycle, installing the latest drivers... every combinaison possible (imaging about 20 hours of times spent, you can try a lot of things)...

-> bluetooth still not coming back, faulty USB not showing as well... depressive

Weekend was gone but I finally manage to fix this in the train to work on Monday. I couldn't believe it!

This is how i did it:

In device manager:

• Look for 'USB Root Hub'
  • Right click, 'Properties', 'Advanced', 'Reset Hub'
  • Click several times (i was pretty nervous that day)
  • Suddently some 'Unkown device' will show up in the Device manager tree (huge Progress but still no bluetooth)
  • Install the latest Intel drivers (in uninstall programs, Intel wireless has version 17.16.0 and Bluetooth 17.1.1501.0514 (although the text is 'patch version patched 17.1.1512.771)
  • Reboot and hopefully the unknown device will disappear and the bluetooth will be there. In my case it happen only on the way back home. So this is only when i realize the pain was over.

It's now been few days since the bluetooth came back and I've not seen any issue anymore. Finally!!!

TMaka
Novice

Problems again.

Bluetooth would disappear and the webcam as well.

By reinstalling the BT driver, everything would work again for a couple of days.

I have the same situation in another laptop(Lenovo E520) as well.

I was looking at the first GENERIC USB HUB and I have noticed, that at the Power tab is mentioned, that the max that can take, is 500mA.

In the list I have Intel Wireless Bluetooth using 100mA, which sounds good, but then the USB Composite Device is using 500mA, which ends up being 600mA total consumption. That I don't think that is a good thing.

I will check on the second laptop as well.

I'm thinking, if I could find another empty internal USB header for the webcam, my problem could be solved

Will update, when I have something to report..

sspyr
Beginner

I want to add my personal experience.

Driver used 17.1.1501.0514

I have the same problem with bluetooth loosing connectivity with devices after a while.

I have no issue in Device Manager, no error code or such.

In my situation, if i power off the laptop and pull out power cord then problem is fixed,

but connectivity can be lost probably if laptop goes to sleep.

If latter is happened, then on Windows 7 at Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

if i double click on a device where services supported then it stuck in searching and after a while it times out.

I am using a Bluetooth Headset along with Bluetooth mouse. When both in use, mouse lags.

When Bluetooth is disconnected i get this in Log Event Viewer:

"The mutual authentication between the local Bluetooth adapter and a device with Bluetooth adapter address (40:ef:4c:c9:6a:94) failed."

and this

"Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes (link keys) on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup."

To fix this i disable/enable Bluetooth from Device Manager

Edit: i will try now the following and see how it goes:

1. Click Start > Control Panel (view by Large icons) > Device Manager > Bluetooth Radios > Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) > Properties > Power Management.

2. Untick "Allow the computer to turn this device to save power".

3. Click Ok

0 Kudos
JCage1
Beginner

I have find the solution from web that working for may users included me,

https://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8-1/ Solved: Bluetooth Device Not Working In Windows 8.1