Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC 7260 driver flick high cpu usage with "microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter"

HHo10
Beginner

PC: Thinkpad x220

Adapter: Intel Wireless AC 7260, driver version 18.33.5.1

Adapter: Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter

============================================

problem: high cpu usage 25% (quad core) sometime.

when i run cmd "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow", and remove Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter,

the problem was disappeared.

Henry Ho.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello enryHo2006,

We would like to thank you for sharing the solution to this problem. I'm sure it will come in handy to many other customers.

It might be important to note that starting with driver version 18.30, the hosted network/soft AP feature is no longer supported for most adapters.

If you have any doubts or further issues relating to your Intel® Wireless Adapter, feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello enryHo2006,

We would like to thank you for sharing the solution to this problem. I'm sure it will come in handy to many other customers.

It might be important to note that starting with driver version 18.30, the hosted network/soft AP feature is no longer supported for most adapters.

If you have any doubts or further issues relating to your Intel® Wireless Adapter, feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,

Carlos A.