Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 8265 - Aux antenna with problem?

FRese
Beginner

I know intel is tired of answering the same questions but I do not know I'm in a different situation.

I purchased an Intel Wireless-AC 8265 NGFF Card,

and when I put an Antenna in the MAIN, I get Wireless 2.4ghz / 5.ghz signal.

If I put the AUX antenna, it does not increase the signal at all.

If I take out the MAIN antenna, and leave only the AUX connected, I have no Wifi signal.

How this works? My card are with AUX Connector broken? Its a new card.

I already swap antennas and nothing.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Spookyz,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 comes in two different versions. One that is meant for desktop and the other meant for laptops. Before we go any further, we would like to confirm which version you have. Please check these links below for additional information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-8265-desktop-kit-brief.html Product Brief: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-8265-brief.pdf Product Brief: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Best regards

Aleki
0 Kudos
FRese
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Spookyz,

In this case, our best recommendation is for you to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard and/or laptop as they are the ones entitled to provide the information on which type of antennas are recommended. Please, take a look at this online advisory for additional information: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

To help you further with this, you can find the type of antennas that can be used with this adapter provided by other users in this thread, go to post number # 3: /thread/88770 What is the antenna connector size or antenna connector type for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 (8260NGW) NGFF Wwifi Card?

We hope this helps,

Best regards,

Alek
0 Kudos
FRese
Beginner

I said it wrong, my model is 8265NGWDG.DTX1.

I use the motherboard on an Asrock Z270 Extreme 4 motherboard.

But the question is not whether my ANTENNA works or not.

I would like to know how the AUX antenna works.

Because if I just leave the MAIN ANTENNA, I have 2.4 WIFI signal and 5ghz.

If I put the MAIN + AUX Antenna, I do not have Signal increase.

If I leave only the AUX Antenna, I have no WIFI signal 2.4 and 5ghz

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Spookyz,

The antennas on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit are 2x2 and in the specification it means two antennas are used for transmitting and two for receiving. Since this is a combo, the antenna 1 is for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and antenna 2 for Wi-Fi.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Spookyz,

We haven't heard from you in a while and wanted to know if you received our previous message or if there's anything else we can do.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
FRese
Beginner
0 Kudos
KBrig
Beginner

I bought the same card and plugged only into "1", and it works beautifully. I now get 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, and it has great signal strength. My HP Laptop 15-BS015DX only came with 1 antenna wire, I bought an additional antenna and was going to route behind the screen with the other antenna but not going to now. It works great on the installed cable only.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello standard_user,

Thanks for sharing this solution.

Spookyz, you might be interested in this information. There's also an integration guide for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit available https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024408/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html here.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos