Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9260 experiencing driver or hardware-related problems (brand new yoga C930)

EMesz
Beginner

Hi,

My internet went out today and I have the little monitor icon with the red x in the corner, where the wifi icon usually is. When I run diagnostics, it says "Intel Wireless-AC 9260 experiencing driver or hardware-related problems". No advanced diagnostics can be run because I have no internet at all. It's a Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB that I've owned for less than a month.

I've read through a LOT of at least seemingly relevant community fora and tried the following to no avail:

• resetting the network (probably 5 times)
  • uninstalling driver, transferring new version downloaded from Intel website to said laptop and installing it
  • rebooting Windows (2x)
  • downloading new BIOS config from LENOVO website and installing it
  • running hardware diagnostics to see if it's the laptop - everything is up to date and seemingly working perfectly
  • disabling firewall

I am desperate because I really should be getting a lot of work done atm but literally can't do anything without internet. Does anyone have any inkling of what could be going on??

Thanks, I'll be eternally grateful for any leads.

Eszter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Eszter,

1. By saying "resetting the network (probably 5 times)" you mean resetting the router? If not, please do it.
  2. Please verify that your WiFi is turned ON.
  3. Check in Device Manager in Network section that the Wireless Adapter is there.

Leon

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello EMesz,

Were you able to check on LWAKSMAN post?

Were you able to check in Device Manager > Network adapters if the adapter is listed or if there is an error with the device?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello EMesz,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation.

0 Kudos