Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel® Wireless-AC 9462 Wireless Card - Drivers for Linux Distribuitions

Hoffman_BR
Novice

Hello forum friends.
I would like to know if any linux users managed to proceed with the network installation using this specific model of wireless card. Because I browsed the site and found no drivers for Linux, more specifically the Debian 10 distribution.
Hugs and stay at home

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hoffman_BR, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to inform you that the Linux drivers are part of the upstream Linux* kernel. They are available through the regular channels, distributions, or the Linux* kernel archives. We support use of the drivers only in the kernel version the driver was a part of. Check this link for a list of supported devices by the iwlwifi driver. Find more information about supported devices and firmware versions on the Intel Wi-Fi Linux community page

In case you are still facing problems to install the drivers, you might want to cehck with your Distros's community

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Hoffman_BR
Novice

Hi @Sebastian_M_Intel, I did this by going to the git repo, but there I find only 6 firmwares from the 9000 series, but when installing Debian 10, the following are requested:
iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-30.ucode
-31.ucode, -32.ucode, -33.ucode, -34.ucode, -35.ucode, -36.ucode, -37.ucode and -38.ucode
And without them I can't proceed with the installation: /

I'll send a photo of the screen attached.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hoffman_BR,  

Thank you for your reply. 

So we can better assist you, please provide the following information: 

• System brand and full model number. 
  • Kernel version. 
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you change/install it separately? 
  • Check the Wireless adapter is connected correctly, type the following command to the terminal: # lspci and send us the outcome. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Hoffman_BR
Novice

Hello again, Sebastian.
Comrade, I was able to proceed with the installation without using the network as you instructed me, I downloaded a complete iso on the site, but I came across another problem, which is not part of this topic... But for information, the installation gparted cannot recognize my hard drive, just my flash drive, so i didn't just install the system. Anyway, my thanks for all the support.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Hoffman_BR,   

Thanks for the update. 

Since you were able to move forward at least with the driver installation, we will proceed to close this inquiry from our side. For more recommendations you may want to check with your Distros's community.  

If you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread as this one will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M    

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos