Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz Failed to Start

epicjeffa
Beginner

Greetings,

I am not sure what happened but after 4 months of not using my laptop I cannot turn on the wifi, I have to use LAN cable. I have spent the last 3.5 hours trying to troubleshoot my wifi problem with no success. I have an updated Windows 10 and after following many different attempt I have yet gain control of my wifi. I cannot manually turn on or off the wifi because my laptop does not have a shortcut for it, nor can I do a cold  restart because I cannot unattached the battery (built in). My laptop is ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF Gaming FX505GT_TUF505GT. Every driver is updated according to Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Wireless driver version is 22.80.1.1

These are the websites I tried to troubleshoot my problem:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-intel-wireless-ac-9560-not-working-code-10/

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-wireless-AC-9560-stops-working/m-p/1222191#M31458

I will attach some screenshot of what is going on with my laptop as well as scan file from Intel SSU. Please follow the number in order for the screenshots. Please help to resolve the problem.

Kind Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello epicjeffa,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. Update your Windows 10 version (19043). 

2. Update your BIOS version (311). You may need to contact Asus for instructions.

3. Have you reported this issue with Asus?

Also, you can try the following steps to find the "Wi-Fi icon":

Step 1: Open the Start menu, click the Settings icon to open the Settings app. The Windows logo + I keyboard shortcut can also be used to open Settings.

Step 2: Go to Personalization > Taskbar page.

Step 3: Here, in the Notification area section, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar link.

Step 4: On the resulting page, check the status of the Network icon, and turn it on if it’s turned off.

Step 5: If the Network icon is missing from the page, Go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar page, click Turn system icons on or off the link, and then turn on the Network icon.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello epicjeffa, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello epicjeffa, 

Please, if possible try to use the drivers from the laptop manufacturer and make sure that the hardware is working properly after not using the computer for a long period.

I will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards, 

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
epicjeffa
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

I apologize for the late reply. I have tried both Update my Windows 10 version to 19043 and Update my BIOS version to 311. I have yet any success on it as the error persists. Wi-fi works fine before the update and I think I will try to use the drivers from the laptop manufacturer (load default or sth). I will try to contact Asus to see if they have any solution to it. If it does not I will create another thread.

Thanks,
Jeff

0 Kudos