Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 can't connect to this network

Goldenangel3341
Beginner

Someone suggested a clean install of drivers, but I'm still having problems.

The only noticeable difference is that the network quickly prompts me to enter the passkey resulting in the error "can't connect to this network".

I google the error in order to fix this. I found this " 

Run Commands In CMD To Fix The Issue.

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

netsh int ip reset - when I get here it fails.

Then I found this other solution 

First find out if you're actually pulling an IP address. To do this, run CMD prompt as an administrator, then do the following:

1. At the command prompt, enter the command 'ipconfig /all'

2. Look for 'Default Gateway' (your router's IP address), if you don't see an IP address, it's your router and not the wifi card; reset your router. There should be a button you can press on the router itself that will reset it; this will also reset it to default settings. Your router might also indicate that there is no upstream (US) or downstream (DS) data movement in this case.

If you're pulling an IP address, do as TheFotty said above and do a network reset.

I'm a noob with wifi so pleae bear with me. 

I'm afraid that if I mess with the router I''ll disable internet for everyone here that uses it.

anyway I have to take a break on now, but wanted to post my questions and see some feedback.

Thank you!

-------------
Here is what steps someone suggested for clean install. For step 3 I couldn't find Intel PROSet/Wireless Software but instead bluetooth. when I uninstalled bluetooth I wasn't prompted to discard anything. I saw other intel software, but decided not to touch it.

1.If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29876 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29849.
2.Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
3.From Apps & Features app, uninstall any instances of the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
4.Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
5.In Device Manager > Network Adapters, check for entry for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560. If none, go to Step 8.
6.Right click on the entry for your Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560 and uninstall it., choosing to "Delete the driver software for this device".
7.Go to Step 4.
8.(Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
9.(Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
10.Install the Bluetooth driver package.
11.Install the Wireless driver package.
12.Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
13.Enable Internet access.
14.Test.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Considering the revelations regarding Microsoft's responsibility for wireless connectivity issues (see: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-kb4577063-update-fixes-internet-connectiv...), I would install the latest updates and then test again.

Just saying,

...S

0 Kudos
aingaiegbneg
Beginner

I managed to fix these issues by uninstalling ProSet and the wifi driver and installing the one that Microsoft provides, by installing it using Device Manager. Intel is the issue with microsoft's updated version of Windows 10. It's Microsoft and Intel's responsibility and I don't know what they did but I fixed this issue where I constantly have to reset the wifi adapter or it will remain connected without internet access or be told that my computer can not connect to the WiFi Network. Uninstall your driver, because the latest version I downloaded was the one I had and it was giving me internet issues. Then go to Device manager, press Win+R (Start menu button + R) at  the same time to open Run, and type "devmgmt.msc", that will open Device Manager. 

aingaiegbneg_0-1628311235914.png

0 Kudos
aingaiegbneg
Beginner

Deleting the driver would be enough, you don't want the user to delete all his files in case he needs them later. He may or may not need to restart his computer though. I see your answer is more clear than mines, I just have  been struggling with the same issue he had.

0 Kudos