Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC9260 drops connection

DTan2
Beginner

Hi

My computer consists of the AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU with the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. The motherboard comes with the Intel Wireless AC9260 WiFi chip.

I have problems maintaining a WiFi connection. The longest WiFi connection I maintained was one hour.

When I looked up the Windows Event Viewer, I found that WiFi chip has logged many errors.

The logs share the same message: "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly."

Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DTan2
Beginner

Problem appears to be fixed after I replace the router. My WiFi connection is no longer unstable.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi geodome,

We understand that you're having an issue with the connectivity of your Gigabyte* X470 Aorus Gaming 5 WiFi motherboard that uses our Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 adapter. We're glad to know that the issue got resolved by changing the router, possibly it may have been some compatibility issue between the adapter and the router although this happens in very few cases. Feel free to keep monitoring how the adapter responds and let us know in case the adapter gives you frequent disconnects in these days.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
DTan2
Beginner

It might be helpful to know that the problematic router was TP-Link's AC750 Wireless Travel Router TL-WR902AC. My unstable connection problem disappeared after I switched to using ASUS's RT-AC1200 Router.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi geodome,

We get you, what happens is that Intel® doesn't test all of our wireless adapters with all existing routers from major brands, since there are thousands of models available. We hope the card keeps running as intended with this new router and you don't experience any future issues.

Regards,

Leonardo
0 Kudos