Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC9560 Randomly Stops Working/Windows 10 WiFi Disappears!

Kuprys
Beginner
Hi, For the last four days or so I've been having issues with my WiFi. Every couple of hours or so, or on a new computer restart, the WiFi would simply disappear. It's not visible as an option when I go to select a WiFi network from the Networks settings in Windows 10 and no networks are visible. At first, I thought this was a simple driver issue so I installed the latest 2022 Wireless AC 9560 driver directly from Intel. Previously, I was using a driver dated back to 2018. This DID fix it, for a while. During that day I had no more connectivity issues but the same issue arose the day after. In particular, this seems to occur when I am running games but has also occurred when I'm just browsing the internet. In fact, as I wrote this it happened AGAIN! (I dumped what I wrote onto a text document and pasted it in later when I restarted the AC 9560.) Whenever it happens, it seems to be followed by an incredible performance hit in the processing (audio quality is hung up, processing slows down, video stops, frame rate drops, text cannot be typed where otherwise it would have already typed it out). It's been happening once or twice a day the last couple of days but in the last couple of hours it has happened every hour or so. When I first encountered this issue, I ran multiple virus scans (Windows Defender, Malwarebytes) to find nothing. I tried updating the drivers again to no avail. I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I checked device manager and it showed an error saying that my laptop's wireless card, the AC 9560 stopped working. I can get it to work by: 1) troubleshooting the wireless adapter in Windows network and sharing centre; resetting the network card there and restarting the PC. 2) Disabling/Enabling the AC 9560 in device manager (turning it off and on again is the solution 90% of the time after all!). Just as I finished writing this, a new issue cropped up: in device manager, Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #15 stopped working. Restarting it in device manager does not work; though the AC 9560 does still work and I can still "access" WiFi in Windows, but not connect/detect any networks. While these two solutions do fix the problem, it only seems to do so for a limited time so I would like to get advice for what a better solution might be. I cannot tell if this is a software issue or not, and trying a number of solutions beyond what I have already tried would be greatly appreciated. Tech Specs: Laptop: MSI P65 8RF Windows 10 Home 64 bit build 19044 Intel i7 8750H 16GB RAM Nvidia GTX1070 MaxQ Intel Wireless AC9560 (obviously) Thank you very much, and I wish you all the best.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuprys,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® Wireless-AC 9560.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

2. What is the brand and model name of your router?

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

4. When did the issue start?

5. Can you confirm the error that you had at the device manager (code 10, code 43)?

6. Have you checked with MSI about this issue?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
dna
Beginner

Attached is the scan report. Thanks for your help.

Donna

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuprys, 

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Kuprys
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I only managed to get back now, things have been busy here.

To answer your questions:

I have the analysis file made, is it possible to send it to you through private message or email?

My router is a TP-Link AC750 Archer C2. I doubt the issue lies there, we've had it for years and it has never had an issue and even recently has not been an issue for any device on our network.

This is the original adapter that came with the system, yes.

The issue seems to have started around Sunday last week, right around when I installed Valykria Chronicles 4 (which has Denuvo DRM) and seems to be most affected when I play that game.

The error code is 43.

I have not checked with MSI, I do not have a warranty with them anymore as the laptop is a number of years already and they're incredibly slow to fix anything so I'm not inclined to go to them for assistance that I could perform myself.

Finally, on Tuesday I opened up my laptop. As said, I don't have a warranty, it doesn't make a difference and cleaned out the dust. In the process, I removed the AC9560 from its socket and cleaned the contacts with some God-blessed contact cleaner before putting it back in. I'm still getting stutters here and there, and there has been a moment when it did cut off from the internet (only when playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 which has Denuvo DRM, I am considering that that is not a coincidence). But for the most part, it works, not exactly stably, but I do have a WiFi connection or it returns soon after.

I believe that this is a hardware issue, and I have ordered from Amazon a replacement AC9560 that I can install myself if it is a hardware issue, but I will await your advice.

Thank you very much, and apologies for the long-windedness of the message!

Kuprys

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuprys, 

I do appreciate all the information provided. To collect the reports from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU), I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. 

Also, just to confirm, does the issue persist if you uninstall the game?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Kuprys
Beginner

Hi Deivid,

Many thanks again for the help! I've uninstalled it there and run the SSU, though it's still giving me plenty of "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly." in the system messages.

Indeed, my suspicion grows that it is a hardware issue.

I shall await your email, many many thanks!

All the best,

Kuprys

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuprys, 

Thanks for the response. I have sent you the email so you can send the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU), it was sent to the e-mail address associated with your community profile. 

Also, can you provide me with some pictures of the error that you are getting?

@dna , thanks for your report. Feel free to try the steps from this thread or you can open a new thread so you can get proper support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuprys,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kuprys,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos