Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Mouse Bluetooth (v3.0) issue not working.

Andrii_Lyakh
Beginner

Tested on my LENOVO IdeaPad 5 15IIL05 laptop (Intel Wireless-AC 9560) and my friend's ThinkBook 15 G2 laptop (Intel Wifi AX200).
Bluetooth mouse model Canyon CNS-CMSW08B (Bluetooth v3.0).
1. The CNS-CMSW08B mouse on LENOVO IdeaPad 5 15IIL05 laptops (Intel Wireless-AC 9560) and my friend ThinkBook 15 G2 (Intel Wifi AX200) laptop connects but does not work.
2. CNS-CMSW08B mouse on other laptops with Atheros Wi-Fi / Bluetooth adapters connects and works successfully.
3. Xani Bluetooth Wireless Mouse connects and works successfully with both (Intel Wireless-AC 9560) and (Intel Wifi AX200).
Errors that appear in the console in the screenshots.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrii_Lyakh, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Was the mouse working before with the Lenovo laptops?

2. Have you updated the BIOS?

3. Have you looked for drivers for the Bluetooth mouse?

4. Have you get in contact with Lenovo to check if the mouse is compatible?

5. Have you updated the Bluetooth drivers? We recommend using Lenovo's drivers, but if those did not work you can use the ones from Intel:

- Driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30515?v=t

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andrii_Lyakh
Beginner

Hello, DeividA_Intel.

1. Was the mouse working before with the Lenovo laptops?

Yes. With WIFI-bluetooth adapter Atheros. Lenovo IdeaPad 530S.

1. Have you updated the BIOS?

Re – 2. Yes. Last.

1. Have you looked for drivers for the Bluetooth mouse?

Re – 3. Yes. The Canyon manufacturer claims that the standard Bluetooth drivers are from Microsoft. It works on other systems with Atheros WIFI-bluetooth adapters.

1. Have you contacted Lenovo to check if the mouse is compatible?

Re – 4. Yes, their answer, compatibility was not limited.

1. Have you updated your Bluetooth drivers? We recommend using Lenovo drivers, but if they don't work, you can use Intel drivers:

Re - 5. I used both Lenovo and Intel. The result is the same, it doesn't work.

P.S. I also tried to reinstall according to the recommendations from Intel several times.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrii_Lyakh, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrii_Lyakh, 

Thanks for your patience.

Based on the research performed, this issue looked like an incompatibility between the mouse (Canyon CNS-CMSW08B) and the Intel wireless adapter (Intel® Wireless-AC 9560). 

I recommend you to get in contact with the manufacturer of the mouse and confirm if the mouse is compatible with intel wireless cards. 

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Andrii_Lyakh
Beginner

Hi DeividA_Intel. Thank you. I will try to contact them again. But in the correspondence, the manufacturer Canyon claims that everything is in order. I will contact you later after re-requesting Canyon support.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Andrii_Lyakh, 

Thanks for replying.

In this case, as you mentioned, would be better to check with the mouse manufacturer one more time and if possible try to get a replacement and test if the issue persists. If that is the case, it would be a compatibility issue between the mouse and the Intel wireless card.

If the issue persists or the manufacturer is not helping, I recommend you to open a new thread and you can use this one as a reference.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos