Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 won't update

L__D__Marks
New Contributor II

The Intel update page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html) links to the Intel Wireless Bluetooth Setup Wizard, which consistently won't update the driver because it cannot find the old one to uninstall, at C:\windows\Installer\_{B2913DAE-3EBC-4C88-8245-0AA34B2E461D}\, and therefore refuses to do anything except contact my "Technical Support" which is not useful. Any suggestions?

I currently have the wireless blustooth version 20.100.6.4 on a Lenovo 20BWS1UC00

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
L__D__Marks
New Contributor II

There is an entry under "Programs and Features" (I use Classic Shell, not raw WIndows 10) which similarly looks for a non-existent msi. I hunted down the old version (on a Japanese site), reinstalled it then the update worked. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you tried manually doing an uninstall of the old version?

...S

0 Kudos
L__D__Marks
New Contributor II
Not possible without the msi to uninstall (unless I do a harsh delete which is not simple).
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Usually, there is an entry in Apps and Features that is titled Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)...

...S

0 Kudos
L__D__Marks
New Contributor II

There is an entry under "Programs and Features" (I use Classic Shell, not raw WIndows 10) which similarly looks for a non-existent msi. I hunted down the old version (on a Japanese site), reinstalled it then the update worked. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @L__D__Marks

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We are glad to know that the update worked.

Since the thread has been marked as "Solved" we will proceed to close this inquiry now from our end. Communications with community peers may continue, but if you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos