Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless Card 7260 - Will it work with Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

SKari2
Beginner

Good Evening,

I hope you are well?

Will the Intel Wireless Card 7260 work with Dell Inspiron 15R 5537

Many thanks

Kind regards

Shamil

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You must ask dell.

Doc

0 Kudos
SKari2
Beginner

Good Evening Al Hill,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Sorry for the late reply. Dell go they have only tried it on the Intel 1705 which is a PCI Mini and a single band 2.4ghz. They have not tried any later cards as the laptop is quite old. So they were like the 1705 is the latest one. Worst case would be to buy it for like £20 try it and if it works great if not I will still have the old card still there.

Many thanks for all your help really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Shamil

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shamil,

Thanks for posting.

As Al Hill suggested, please contact your laptop OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) to learn what devices are compatible with your system.

Just like any other device, not all wireless adapters are physically and electrically compatible with all systems. The integration must be validated by the OEM as it may lead to installation errors, connection issues, software error messages, and in some cases it may even be illegal.

For more information, please check the following advisories:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?wapkw=5846 Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?_ga=1.33281086.1415059657.1457358642 Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SKari2
Beginner

Good Evening Eugenio F,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have had a word with Dell and they have said to me that the latest they have tested on this model as it is a couple of years old is the Intel 1705 single band 2.4ghz. However both cards (1705 and 7260 are both Mini PCI) so would have expected it to work but thought would ask first.

As for software or hardware issues that could occur I admit but for illegal I am sure it is not that extreme as Dell did not say no but its just that they have not tested any other wireless cards on the machine after the 1705 as it is an older machine.

What I could do as worst case is to try it for £20, if it works great if not I can reattach my old card and everything will be back to normal.

Many thanks for all your help really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Shamil

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Shamil,

Thanks for the update.

We hope the new adapter works for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SKari2
Beginner

Hi Eugenio,

Thank you very much for all your help and support. I shall keep you informed and do hope that it works.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Shamil
0 Kudos