Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wireless Dual Band Adapter AC 3165 limited download/upload speed

Poller
Beginner

hello, i have this computer:

Dell Inc. Inspiron 13-7368

PROCESSOR

Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz

GRAPHICS

Intel® HD Graphics 520

AUDIO

Realtek Audio

Intel® Display Audio

NETWORKING AND I/O

TP-LINK 100Mbps Ethernet USB Adapter

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

MEMORY

12 GB

STORAGE

SK hynix SC308 SATA 512GB

and in the last few days my computer is limited for 8mbyte download 2mbyte upload..
and my other devices gets to 30-40mbyte download and 2mbyte download.
i have tried to fix this limit download speed with no success, please help me.
thank you, Ohad.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Poller, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Brand and model number of the router/modem. 

3. Are you having issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or both? 

4. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

5. Did you make any changes before the issue started?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Poller
Beginner

1- file attached
2 - arris tg1652
3- i did not tried to plug any bluetooth device to the computer, but on wired connection using TP-LINK 100Mbps Ethernet USB Adapter im having the same issue.
its not always limited its kind of unstable connection, somtimes i get the full speed and somtimes it gets very low, while other deviced keeps the stable internet speed.
4- i did not changed any part of the computer, only the battery.
5- nope i did not.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Poller,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please try the following workaround and let us know about the outcome: 

1. Try a clean installation of the latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers: 

Note: Try first the system manufacturer (OEM) downloads as they are customized to work with your specific platform.  

2. Update the BIOS to the latest version provided by Dell*, check with them for guidance on this https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-13-7368-2-in-1-laptop/drivers    

3. Set the BIOS settings to their defaults, check with Dell* for help also.  

4. Update the Operating System (OS) to the latest version available, check Microsoft's recommendations: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a  

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Poller,  

Were you able to follow our previous recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Poller,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
doc_808
Beginner

I have almost the exact same problem with a 9260 in a Windows 10 . When I run any Intel provided driver my download speeds seemed to be throttled to 30-40Mbps, and my upload speeds aren't much better. I can switch to the Microsoft provided driver v21.10.2.2 and I can get 200-300Mbps and higher with LAN transfers. I also have other computers on my network with Intel Wifi (mostly 8260) and they have no issues with the latest Intel drivers.

I tried a brand new AX210 adapter, but I get the same 30-40Mbps connection. In all cases I confirm with 'netsh wlan show interface' that I'm connected usually at 540Mbps or higher. Since there is no driver alternative I keep it disabled until I can find some sort of resolution.

0 Kudos