Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

Intel Wireless Issues (Fusion 15)

JosephFrench
Beginner

After nearly 3 weeks of waiting, my Fusion 15 arrived on Friday. Unfortunately I wont be able to contact technical support 'til Monday. I was wondering if anyone here could help in the meantime.

Problem: WiFi will disconnect after about a minute or so, without fail. This makes the machine largely unusable in possibly the most annoying way.

• This is the case regardless of proximity to the router.

• I have tried resetting my router.

• I have used the windows diagnostic tool and while inconsistent it often gives me the following text: "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource is not responding."

• I can use an Ethernet cable and have no problems, the problem is exclusively with wireless capability.

• No other devices on the network have any wireless connectivity issues.

• I was assured all drivers would be shipped up to date if I payed for windows installation - so surely it wont be anything like that?

• I'm reading that UPC do not give end users access to manually update router firmware so I can't do anything like that.

Probably clear already but I'm not particularly tech savvy, so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This feels like a great machine (I personally can overlook the obnoxious clicky track pad) but this is preventing me from getting any enjoyment out of it. Am I missing something obvious?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let's find out. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and have it save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos