Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Intel centrino 6235 BT not working! What can I do?

AUrsi
Beginner

I own a Samsung ATIV Tab 7 Pro with Intel centrino 6235 WiFi + BT module and since when I bought it, Bluetooth didn't work at all.

I've tried everything.

Initially I had Windows 8 installed on the PC and in the Device Manager > Bluetooth there were 2 item grayed saying that the BT device was not present.

No success with driver update from Samsung and from Intel.

Then I upgraded the PC to windows 8.1

The Bluetooth module disappeared from Device Manager.

No way to bring it back.

Every action and every driver installation had no success.

Then I upgraded to windows 10.

Same situation.

No BT module in Device Manager.

Various attempt to install new drivers with no success.

So I opened the PC and I've taped pin # 51.

No change.

Then I taped pin # 20.

No change.

Then I taped pin # 20 and pin # 51.

No change.

No BT module present in the device manager.

At this point, believing that the module was damaged, I bought a new 7260 Wifi + BT module.

I installed the new module & the new drivers and I can get the WiFi working but still no BT module present in the Device Manager.

I started over taping pin # 51.

No change.

Then I taped pin # 20.

No change.

No change.

No BT module present in the device manager.

Can anyone help me?

I have finished the attempts.

What can I do the get the BT working on my PC?

Thanks in advance.

Aldo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

aldou,

We understand you have the Bluetooth* on your computer not being detected, and that you have replaced the original wireless adapter for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, Intel® Wireless-N 7260, Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 correct? Was the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 the original one installed by factory? As you may have noticed above, we listed the three versions of the adapter 7260 above. Which one do you have? your description does not mention it.

The reason we are asking you this is because we would like to inform you that Intel does not support integration which is when the original wireless adapter is replaced by another one. Please check this link for further information on this matter: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005687.html?wapkw=regulatory+information+regarding+hardware+installation Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

With that being said, our first recommendation is to engage the OEM (Samsung*): http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and see if they have any particular drivers for the new adapter as they customize every adapter they install in their systems in order to be fully compatible.

On our best effort to assist you, please check this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005821.html Bluetooth® FAQ as it may contain information that might help you resolve this issue.

Also, you may want to try to clean uninstall the Bluetooth* drivers and then install them again. Since you are using Windows*, you may want to take a look at the step-by-step found in this link offered by Microsoft*: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/uninstall-bluetooth-driver/94914e98-a446-451f-9734-7547f2dc9538?auth=1 Uninstall bluetooth driver - Microsoft Community

you would have two options here, you can either install only the Bluetooth* drivers, as instructed above, or the entire adapter drivers from scratch.(Make sure you install according to your OS version and architecture - 32 or 64 Bit).

For the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260 Drivers & Software

For the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Drivers & Software

For the Intel® Wireless-N 7260 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75174/Intel-Wireless-N-7260 Drivers & Software

For the Wireless adapter, here is how you can do it.

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Reboot or scan for hardware changes, then uninstall and delete any older driver versions as you did for the Wireless adapter.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

0 Kudos
AUrsi
Beginner

Aleki, thanks a lot for your answer.

I'm sorry for the delay in answering you.

Probably I was not able to describe effectively the actual situation.

My computer does not report any Unknown Device in device manager and in the same time I have no Bluetooth device listed.

It seems that no Bluetooth device is installed on the PC.

And it is so since I bought the PC. I never had any Bluetooth device available.

I have reinstalled the computer from scratch 2 times with no results.

I repeatedly contacted Samsung assistance with no success.

They didn't solve anything and their directions were useless and shallow.

I seemed they really don't care about user satisfaction and they also don't care about user rights to have a working PC having purchased and paid it as such.

Now the the PC is becoming older and less "precious", thinking that the problem could be a not working wireless adapter, I bought a new one, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (model: 7260HMW), but as said in my previous post, the new one has the same behavior of the original one.

When I replaced the wireless adapter 6235 -> 7260AC seeing no change in the Bluetooth device, I completely reinstalled the PC with no success.

Of course I installed the latest drivers but with no results.

No Bluetooth device present in the device manager.

Then I tried taping pin # 51

No change.

Then I taped pin # 20.

No change.

No change.

No Bluetooth module present in the device manager.

No Unknown Device present in the device manager.

Now I have reinstalled the original 6235 wireless adapter (model: 6235ANWMW) and reinstalled the PC starting from windows 8 (the one originally installed on the PC), then upgraded to windows 8.1, and then upgraded to windows 10.

No change.

I cannot see any Bluetooth device in the device manager and also I have no Unknown Device.

The WiFi part of the wireless adapter works fine (both 6235 and 7260 work fine).

I know that Samsung should solve the problem but they didn't and they will not do.

Have you got any advice for me?

I thank you again.

Best regards.

Aldo

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

aldou,

According to your description, it seems like this issue may not be related to the adapters themselves as you have tried another model (Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260) and confirmed that the issue remains exactly the same and to rule it out, it would be very helpful if you could check with the PoP (Point of Purchase) if they could try the adapter in any testing system they might have to see if the issue is present . There could be a chance that this issue may be related to the makeup of the system. Some Samsung* products may have a propriatery version of the OS designed for specific systems. You are welcome to confim about this by accessing this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact Contact Samsung Support

*NOTE: In order to clarify the discussed situation even better, our advise is for you to contact Samsung* as they are the only ones entitled to provide further details on this specific system.

0 Kudos