Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Intel driver offered through Windows, why?

Saltgrass
Beginner

I am seeing, on a Windows 11 22H2 install using an AX210 Wi-Fi card, the update Intel - Net - 1.1.3.28 being offered.

From what I can tell it seems to be for a Killer Performance Suite.  It looks very strange to me, so does anyone know anything about why this driver is being offered through Windows?

Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite

1.1.3.28 (Windows 10), 2.1.1.14 (Windows 11) for Intel® Killer™ E3100

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19779/intel-killer-performance-suite.html

If no one here has any thoughts, I will post this in the Windows 11 community.

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
It looks like that to me too. It is an optional package and you can simply ignore it.
[Aside: Intel is having all sorts of similar issues in its entries in the Windows catalog (witness the DCH Graphics driver reverting that is going on). Not sure what has to happen to fix this .]
...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
It looks like that to me too. It is an optional package and you can simply ignore it.
[Aside: Intel is having all sorts of similar issues in its entries in the Windows catalog (witness the DCH Graphics driver reverting that is going on). Not sure what has to happen to fix this .]
...S
0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Beginner

OK, I will go ahead and post this on the Feedback site.  I was fooled once when they were installing Xeon chipset drivers and one day I realized they were being used for the USB port on an Nvidia card.

Thanks, 

Clark

0 Kudos