Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel dual band wireless-AC 7265 connection problem.

melma3
Beginner

I have a DELL latitude E7450 equiped with an Intel dual band wireless-AC7265,and the problem is that when i turn on my pc and try to web browse, the connexion doesn't work even if it shows that it's connected to wifi so i have to restate my pc in order to,and sometimes even by doing that,while i'm browsing or watching youtube videos, when i click on new tab and search for something it doesn't load.this problem happen to me like 98% of the time and i don't have time to restart my pc every time,also i tried to update the drivers,windows...the problem still there. I hope i get a respond ASAP. BIG THANKS

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. We would like to obtain more information about your system. 1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 2. Go into Windows* Device Manager and check if you are receiving error codes. 3. Are you installing Original Equipement Manufacturer (OEM) drivers or Intel (Generic) drivers? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

Thanks for responding;

i did check my device manager and i don't receive any error code,also i'm installing Intel (Generic) drivers.I did install the SSU and saved the informations,but i don't know if i should submit the system information to the customer support site?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, Thank you for your response. We would like to know the wireless driver version installed on your system. Also, please attach the report generated by our tool. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

the wireless driver version is : 19.51.17.1

I did attach the report.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, Based on the information provided, I assume you are using Windows* 10. First, perform a clean install of the wireless driver by following these steps: Steps: Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Driver: For Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters Version: 20.120.0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28241/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=83635 It is worth noting that the issue described seems to be Access Point / router-sided. If the issue persists, please check the following information: 1. Use other Wi-Fi devices such as a smartphone or tablet to verify if the wireless AP or broadband router is functioning. 2. You may want to reset your modem/router. 3. Update your router firmware. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

I did install the latest driver version,and is it necessary to uninstall the wireless driver in the clean installation of the wireless driver step?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, In order to perform a clean install, the wireless driver has to be uninstalled as described on the support web link provided. Please let us know if the issue persists after performing these steps. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

I did all the previous steps but when i run the WiFi_20.120.0_Driver64_Win10 as an admistrator it shows an icon for couple seconds and nothing happens,and the wireless driver version shows 19.51.18.1.

(the problem still here,i did restart the pc to resend this message because the connection works for 5minutes and then it stop).

0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

I'm waiting for a response.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, If you already performed a clean install of the wireless driver, make sure the adapter is set to Maximum Performance. Setting Power Management for Intel® Wireless Adapters https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005879/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Were you able to reset your modem/router? Are you able to test other devices (e.g phone) to see if they show the same behavior? Also, check Windows* updates, scan and apply all of them. Make sure Windows* is up to date (e.g Windows 10 October Update (version 1809). Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

Hello,

The problem still on the first boot up of the pc,also can the problem be from windows like it's not compatible with the wireless card?

EDIT: when the problem happend i reconnected the pc to my mobile data and the wifi works fine and smooth,i guess the problem is from the router.

Also,Itried other pc's and they don't have this connection problem.

0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

Hello,

The problem still on the first boot up of the pc,also can the problem be from windows like it's not compatible with the wireless card?

EDIT: when the problem happend i reconnected the pc to my mobile data and the wifi works fine and smooth,i guess the problem is from the router.

Also,Itried other pc's and they don't have this connection problem.

0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

i'm waiting for a response.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 is compatible with Windows* 10, so that should not be an issue. We still do not know the Windows* 10 build you are using. Is it up to date? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

yes it is

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, I sent you a private message requesting personal information to better assist you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
melma3
Beginner

Hello,

I can't find the private message you sent me,can you show how to find it?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello melma3, Please click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of the Community, and select "My Messages". Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos